Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I setup a fraud alert on all 3 CB

tag
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Should I setup a fraud alert on all 3 CB

I woke this morning to myfico alerts and from Discover indicating my social was found on risky or dark websites. I havent done any risky behavior and am very nervous what to do next. Should I freeze my credit reports along with putting a fraud alert on my CR's to be safe. I have began setting up alerts on all my accounts for notification.

ThanksSmiley FrustratedSmiley Surprised

3 REPLIES 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Should I setup a fraud alert on all 3 CB

I would add a fraud alert. Add it to TU, they will automatically let the others know. It lets you put a statement on your reports fraud may be possible and you can give them your number to contact you before allowing any credit to be apped. I have one on mine as an extra precsution thanks to Equihack and EaTmyMobile infoSmiley Wink. Freezing your reports is also a good idea
Message 2 of 4
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Thanks AVJ and TBankston for helping me out with this. I will activate the freeze on them and definately use setup two oint authentication for all my financial acccounts(I have had it on some for a while). Stuff can happen no matter what you do;all we can do is be vigilant and use our resources. 

Message 3 of 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sounds good. Hope all works out okSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.