Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SoFi Money experience?

tag
Semi_Lost_Hiker
Valued Member

SoFi Money experience?

Hello all, I've been looking into opening a SoFi Money account (cash management account with 2.25% APY, check writing, free ATMs, FDIC insurance once it sweeps into partner banks, etc.). I was just wondering if anyone here has one and what their experience has been. I've heard some stories about people having their accounts frozen and deposits taking a long time to clear but for that APY on a "checking" account it seems like a pretty good deal. I might switch a few bills over if I open one just so I'm not fully invested in it yet.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Silver12
Valued Member

Re: SoFi Money experience?

I've used SoFi Money for quite a while now as my primary checking account - I don't really use it for anything overly fancy, and I don't routinely use actual paper checks, but its been perfect for me so far.

The ATM reimbursement works great and is instantaneous, and using it for AutoPay or electronic payments has been great.  ACH transfers to/from another bank have been a bit slow, but not unreasonable, and my direct deposit comes on pay day, not earlier as with some other banks.

That being said, I'm perfectly happy with it and don't plan on changing any time soon.  I've talked to Customer Service once and it was a very easy and helpful process.  Haven't had any other issues that required contacting them yet.  I don't do any other things with the account so can't comment on other options there might be.

Overall very satisfied - have had a loan with them as well and that's been easy as well.

Message 2 of 3
jpm312
Established Member

Re: SoFi Money experience?

Rate is down to 1.8% but rates are dropping everywhere.

I've had my Money account for a few months now and have no complaints.

(Mod cut - this is not allowed here per TOS guidelines) 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.