Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some NFCU/PenFed questions

tag
difringe
Established Contributor

Some NFCU/PenFed questions

Hey all, I have a few simple (I think) questions

1. When you apply for an NFCU Shares Secured Loan, do they hard pull your credit?

2. Has anyone here done a refinancing of personal loans through NFCU or PenFed? 

3. If so, how easy was the process/do you know if it help/hurt having a relationship with them?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Some NFCU/PenFed questions

@difringe wrote:

1. When you apply for an NFCU Shares Secured Loan, do they hard pull your credit?

No hard pull. It's TU Soft Pull for membership.

3. If so, how easy was the process/do you know if it help/hurt having a relationship with them?

Help for Q1. Easy process. Helps your Navy relationship. Can't answer for Q2.

I answered 2 out of 3 question.

Message 2 of 5
difringe
Established Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

@difringe wrote:

No hard pull. It's TU Soft Pull for membership.

Help for Q1. Easy process. Helps your Navy relationship. Can't answer for Q2.

I answered 2 out of 3 question.

Thanks! I was thinking they'd like to receive the interest on that debt rather than leaving it to other lenders...

Message 3 of 5
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@difringe wrote:

Thanks!

Mine was a SP.

Message 4 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Penfed I believe @pizza1  picked up a loan through them.

Refinancing or not doesn't make much difference other than presumably it's unsecured which might be a HP for NFCU.  I'm 99% confident it is for Penfed.

        
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.