Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Southern California Credit Unions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Southern California Credit Unions

Hi,
I’m looking to join a local credit union here in Southern California but doing a few searches, all have fair to horrible reviews. Just to name a few LBS Financial, WESCOM, NuVision, Students First etc. In February I applied membership for DCU but my membership was denied and the reason: “Unable to adequately verify the information provided” which they did not give me a real answer so I will not be applying again since I took 2 hard pulls and got nothing out of it. I’m looking to take out a small boat loan, anyone located in the LA/Orange county have any recommendations?
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Southern California Credit Unions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi,
I’m looking to join a local credit union here in Southern California but doing a few searches, all have fair to horrible reviews. Just to name a few LBS Financial, WESCOM, NuVision, Students First etc. In February I applied membership for DCU but my membership was denied and the reason: “Unable to adequately verify the information provided” which they did not give me a real answer so I will not be applying again since I took 2 hard pulls and got nothing out of it. I’m looking to take out a small boat loan, anyone located in the LA/Orange county have any recommendations?

Unify FCU is a great credit union. I just got the best credit card from them that I've ever seen.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you elaborate on the membership process and which report they pulled? There’s so many out there, just want to separate the bad from good(that goes for the loan rates as well).
Message 3 of 29
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Could you elaborate on the membership process and which report they pulled? There’s so many out there, just want to separate the bad from good(that goes for the loan rates as well).

Sorry, I have no recollection of that.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had Logix when I was in southern California. Their rates weren't anything to jump up and down about at the time but their customer service was awesome and I believe Logix got rated in the top 5 last year for customer service I believe.

Good luck!

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I can find a CU with a great rate and A+ customer service that’ll be a win win but at this point I’m open to any CU in North America with a fairly decent rate.
Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have Navy Fed and their customer service is outstanding. There are many threads in this board about them if your looking for specifics 😊
Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot to add I have my savings account with the . I have my loans with Arrowhead Credit Union which is here in the Inland Empire where I live .
Message 8 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the recommendations. I actually stay in the IE every weekend so I’ll definitely look into Arrowhead CU. As far as Navy Fed, I don’t think I would be accepted due to not having any realitives who served in the military.
Message 9 of 29
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry, I have no recollection of that.

When I joined it was a SP on EX and a Chex INQ (actually a couple of them IIRC). I also had to securely email them a copy of my DL and I think a utility bill for identity verification. For credit products, it's a HP on EX, and I think they'll reuse for 30 or 60 days.

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.