cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Southern California Credit Unions

Valued Member

Re: Southern California Credit Unions

Maybe try USC Credit Union. Their auto loan rates were amazing when I financed through them 5 years ago.

Message 11 of 29
New Contributor

Re: Southern California Credit Unions

I went ahead and applied at Unify and got approved for membership and they offered me a 4.99 rate which is their tier 1 for a boat loan which is not good but not bad.

I was searching for membership process but couldn’t find anything so thought I’d share. I applied for membership on a Saturday and the following Monday they wanted proof of residency, uploaded a bank statement and an hour or two later I was approved. As far as their loan process, I applied literally right after membership approval and Wednesday, I received a call regarding my loan application and spoke to a rep who walked me through the process and had excellent customer service. So far so good... thumbs up for their expedited services. Based on the score they provided, they pull experian mortgage 2.

FICO 8 - EQ 731 TU 728 EX 749
Message 12 of 29
Super Contributor

Re: Southern California Credit Unions


@Procharged392 wrote:
I went ahead and applied at Unify and got approved for membership and they offered me a 4.99 rate which is their tier 1 for a boat loan which is not good but not bad.

I was searching for membership process but couldn’t find anything so thought I’d share. I applied for membership on a Saturday and the following Monday they wanted proof of residency, uploaded a bank statement and an hour or two later I was approved. As far as their loan process, I applied literally right after membership approval and Wednesday, I received a call regarding my loan application and spoke to a rep who walked me through the process and had excellent customer service. So far so good... thumbs up for their expedited services. Based on the score they provided, they pull experian mortgage 2.

Glad you're with them.

 

I've found their customer service to be excellent.

 

Not that I know boat loans but 4.99% sounds pretty good to me.

 

The Visa variable rate platinum card I got them from them is the best credit card I have ever seen... 6.49% interest on everything, even cash advances. No cash advance or balance transfer fees at all. Online cash advances. Pretty amazing card.


FICO8 EQ 718 TU 748 EX 721 Total revolving limits 593900 (493900 reporting)
Message 13 of 29
New Contributor

Re: Southern California Credit Unions

Hmm...interesting, I forgot to ask but I’m wondering if they’ll do another hp if I app for one of their cards. I checked their website, but didn’t see any info regarding their engage card as far as what % cash back other than 5k point after spending $2000 the first 90 days. The phatium is nice but I’m not sure if I need it since I’m having trouble trying to keep my current three cards active.

FICO 8 - EQ 731 TU 728 EX 749
Message 14 of 29
Super Contributor

Re: Southern California Credit Unions


@Procharged392 wrote:
Hmm...interesting, I forgot to ask but I’m wondering if they’ll do another hp if I app for one of their cards. I checked their website, but didn’t see any info regarding their engage card as far as what % cash back other than 5k point after spending $2000 the first 90 days. The phatium is nice but I’m not sure if I need it since I’m having trouble trying to keep my current three cards active.

The 3 cards you have are for purchases. And that's basically all they're good for.

 

A platinum card like the variable platinum has a totally different functionality; it provides flexibility in money management.

 

E.g., let's say you wanted to write a check to someone for $500 and only had $400 in your checking account that day. You could throw $125 ($25 extra just to play it safe) into your checking account from the credit card, write the check, pay it back let's say 10 days later. You would have had no cash advance fee, and would be paying 6.49% interest on $125 for 10 days... i.e. 22 cents.


FICO8 EQ 718 TU 748 EX 721 Total revolving limits 593900 (493900 reporting)
Message 15 of 29
New Contributor

Re: Southern California Credit Unions

Thanks for educating me, I’m slowly learning. I’m going to give unify a call shortly. Any words of wisdom before I apply? Should I reach for the sky and request a large SL or play it safe with something like $2k or is that something Unify decides based on your income?

FICO 8 - EQ 731 TU 728 EX 749
Message 16 of 29
Super Contributor

Re: Southern California Credit Unions


@Procharged392 wrote:
Thanks for educating me, I’m slowly learning. I’m going to give unify a call shortly. Any words of wisdom before I apply? Should I reach for the sky and request a large SL or play it safe with something like $2k or is that something Unify decides based on your income?

I'm a little nervous about asking credit unions for a lot of credit, because they can be pretty conservative. In your case, your scores are good, but your profile doesn't show big limits. My suggestion would be to ask for 5k. If they approve you for that, fine, if not they'll probably just give you a smaller amount.


FICO8 EQ 718 TU 748 EX 721 Total revolving limits 593900 (493900 reporting)
Message 17 of 29
New Contributor

Re: Southern California Credit Unions

I actually just called and applied before receiving your reply and that’s actually what I asked for, anything less I’ll still be happy.

Just an FYI for everyone, if applying for multiple loans they use one hard pull but it usually has to happen within a week.

FICO 8 - EQ 731 TU 728 EX 749
Message 18 of 29
New Contributor

Re: Southern California Credit Unions

Ok, that was fast. Approved for $5,000 at 6.49%

I just need to upload my POI which shouldn’t be an issue.

FICO 8 - EQ 731 TU 728 EX 749
Message 19 of 29
Super Contributor

Re: Southern California Credit Unions


@Procharged392 wrote:
Ok, that was fast. Approved for $5,000 at 6.49%

I just need to upload my POI which shouldn’t be an issue.

Congratulations Smiley Happy


FICO8 EQ 718 TU 748 EX 721 Total revolving limits 593900 (493900 reporting)
Message 20 of 29