Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Square cash now works at Trader Joes

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Square cash now works at Trader Joes

@Anonymous wrote:

I am assuming that Kroger is for any of the Kroger family of stores since it wouldn’t make sense to show this offer to someone who has King Soopers instead. 

If they keep this up, my NFCU Amex will never get any use lol. 

They must do some geo stuff as I don't have a Kroger boost (and no Kroger stores here).

Like your NFCU Amex:  I was happy when the Amazon Visa card started earning 5% at Whole Foods, but now I never use it for that

Message 11 of 44
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You have to verify first. Tap the Cash Support option and hit verify. It will have you scan your driver’s license. You can’t use the app for anything until you do that. 

I would assume CCs will code as a cash advance. 

I had done all that but I guess they just needed a little longer to finish processing it. I tried again and was able to load $25 from my checking account. Smiley Happy

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 12 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am assuming that Kroger is for any of the Kroger family of stores since it wouldn’t make sense to show this offer to someone who has King Soopers instead. 

If they keep this up, my NFCU Amex will never get any use lol. 

They must do some geo stuff as I don't have a Kroger boost (and no Kroger stores here).

Like your NFCU Amex:  I was happy when the Amazon Visa card started earning 5% at Whole Foods, but now I never use it for that

The Kroger deal is a steal... King Soopers is where I do all of my grocery shopping since I have a personal care assistant who goes and does it and 10% off is a lot of money saved. 

Unfortunately the app is being stupid and won’t let me verify my license through it so I had to email it to support. It won’t even let me load $50 from my debit card so now I have $50 sitting in DCU until they get this sorted out. 

Fortunately Disco 5% is still going on right now and it’s the end of my first year (3/21) so I will get 10% anyway. 

I really do not like the redemption thresholds with the NFCU Amex so honestly I would be more than happy to get something else and just merge it with Platinum and close it. 

Message 13 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You have to verify first. Tap the Cash Support option and hit verify. It will have you scan your driver’s license. You can’t use the app for anything until you do that. 

I would assume CCs will code as a cash advance. 

I had done all that but I guess they just needed a little longer to finish processing it. I tried again and was able to load $25 from my checking account. Smiley Happy

Glad you got it sorted! The app didn’t like my Colorado license so I had to email support. Will be a few days I am assuming. I am glad DCU gives me the ability to turn my cards on and off at will, don’t like the fact I had to send them an email with a picture of my license and debit card... front and back of both. 

Message 14 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I opened the app today and finally got my card loaded and they’ve added even more stuff. The list here is: 

10% off at Kroger

10% off at Chipotle

10% off at Domino’s 

10% off at Chick-Fil-A

10% off at Whole Foods

10% off at Taco Bell

$1 off at Carl’s Jr.  

$1 off at Dairy Queen

$1 off at Jimmy John’s

$1 off at any coffee shop

So I am using my card today lol. 

ETA: That was painless! They had a $5 off any purchase $5.01 or higher so I used that first  

9DAC7BE4-73DA-45A2-A154-71E5BAD06298.jpeg

Message 15 of 44
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I opened the app today and finally got my card loaded and they’ve added even more stuff. The list here is: 

10% off at Kroger

10% off at Chipotle

10% off at Domino’s 

10% off at Chick-Fil-A

10% off at Whole Foods

10% off at Taco Bell

$1 off at Carl’s Jr.  

$1 off at Dairy Queen

$1 off at Jimmy John’s

$1 off at any coffee shop

So I am using my card today lol. 

ETA: That was painless! They had a $5 off any purchase $5.01 or higher so I used that first  

9DAC7BE4-73DA-45A2-A154-71E5BAD06298.jpeg

Yes, for cashback users, this card deserves much more attention here.  At least while Square is still being generous!   (It's been going since April 2018 or so, so either "this is not going away" or "this is due to go away anytime soon".  Your choice...)

Message 16 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes this card will be getting a lot of use from me as long as that 10% Kroger benefit is there. That’s an insane benefit and it’s easily $15 a month back in my pocket. 

The way its going, this card and my PayPal Cashback are going to get all of my spend, BBVA will get utilities and everything else will be SD until the Kroger benefit goes away (if it does - my understanding is the Whole Foods has been going on for this whole time and since Kroger pays less money when we use a debit card, it benefits them too). 

I may have to order Dominos too. 

Message 17 of 44
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The way its going, this card and my PayPal Cashback are going to get all of my spend, BBVA will get utilities and everything else will be SD until the Kroger benefit goes away (if it does - my understanding is the Whole Foods has been going on for this whole time and since Kroger pays less money when we use a debit card, it benefits them too). 

The money comes only from Square, Whole Foods and Krogers apparently don't have money in the game, so the fact I use the lower cost debit card is a free advantage to them...

Message 18 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The money comes only from Square, Whole Foods and Krogers apparently don't have money in the game, so the fact I use the lower cost debit card is a free advantage to them...

Yeah but presumably Square plans to try to pitch offers to these merchants saying “look how much business we brought you, let’s negotiate” so in the end it could be very lucrative for both, especially if they can work out a cash discount with Kroger. Great timing considering how fed up Kroger is with VISA’s rising fees!

Message 19 of 44
iced
Valued Contributor

I assume the card has to be loaded from a checking/savings account (routing/account number)? I can't load it via CC payment?

As appealing as something like 10% is off of my $25/week Chipotle addiction, I think I'd still rather have 75 UR than $2.50.

Message 20 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.