Did you mean: 

Square cash now works at Trader Joes

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Square cash now works at Trader Joes

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I retired the card. I actually just requested to cash out my last $8.15 to DCU yesterday. The boosts change too much and I got left with a really bad taste in my mouth having to call them to get my Kroger boost manually paid — I never actually changed away from the Kroger boost so it’s still on my card with no listed expiration but I just use my More Rewards. Far less work. 

Yes, my daughter switched one time to Trader Joes and then found that WholeFoods was only 5% (same as Amazon Prime card).   But I've left mine with WholeFoods, still getting 10%, so still very worthwhile for me, plus now the extra 0.5%!

I have remained with 10% at Chipotle.

I'm not surprised it was nerfed, but it was a little disconcerting to see how rapidly the good alternatives vanished once the nerfing actually began. I was expecting a somewhat more gradual decline.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 41 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

They dropped a few more food stores in my area and added more fast food (Taco Bell, Burger King). So it’s not as appealing to me. Also when I load with my Discover Debit card I don’t get cash back. Discover changed their policy last fall so that cash card loads don’t get cash back.
Message 42 of 44
SBR249
Established Contributor

Chipotle has remained at 10% in my area though I see that Panda Express and Trader Joe's has vanished to be replaced by 10% at Popeye's and Taco Bell. I am intrigued by the 15% off with DoorDash boost though. Might give that a spin sometime. 

Message 43 of 44
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Has anyone else noticed that a lot of strippers favor getting tipped via Cash App these days?

(I kid. But it was in the WSJ two days ago.) "Rap Music Ditches Dollars For Digital"

Article is currently jumping between paywall and non...figuring it out.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.