cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starbucks PRE-PAID Debit Visa by Chase.

Community Leader
Super Contributor

Starbucks PRE-PAID Debit Visa by Chase.

Im not sure if this has been posted yet, but Ive been bombarded with emails regarding the Visa and Pre-paid Visa lately.  So, here's another option for folks. 

 

https://www.starbucks.com/starbucks-rewards/prepaid-card?utm_source=landingpage&utm_medium=referral&...


Scores held down by umpteen INQ & New accounts, and a paid off loan and new loan reporting.
~~~BK7 d/c-08/2013......my rebuild worked for me, but won't necessarily work for you.~~~
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Starbucks PRE-PAID Debit Visa by Chase.

They are really trying to make “fetch” happen. 😂

AMEX PLATINUM, DELTA PLATINUM, DELTA RESERVE & SPG | PenFed PR | NFCU FS | Discover IT | CAP1 VENTURE | NORDSTROM VS l LOWES I MACYS I WAYFAIR I
Message 2 of 16
Super Contributor

Re: Starbucks PRE-PAID Debit Visa by Chase.

For those who ar “un-banked” or “non-banked”, this should be a good option. Many other prepaid debit cards have some sort of fee structure.

1 Star for every $10 spent is a small reward, but it is something in s class of cards that probably get no rewards on average.
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812

Delta Reserve and CSP Jan 2018, no more 5/24 worries... unless new Chase Marriott/SPG replacement is enticing...meh, turns out not. [unless a 100k points SPG Luxury Upgrade appears... well lookie here...]
Message 3 of 16
Valued Contributor

Re: Starbucks PRE-PAID Debit Visa by Chase.

Im just a lil curious if you can get this card if you are on Chase's no-no list




3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>11/2018 CCT EX 801 TU 818 EQ 810
You are only young once, but you can be immature forever
Message 4 of 16
Mega Contributor

Re: Starbucks PRE-PAID Debit Visa by Chase.

The prepaid is also interesting for those that use starbucks "some" but not "lots", as it automatically gives you gold level rewards.  You could open it and leave it with a minimum balance (maybe $1 or less) and do your starbucks charging on your preferred card.

Message 5 of 16
Valued Contributor

Re: Starbucks PRE-PAID Debit Visa by Chase.

@meanmchine

I would say no.

My fiancé was recently blacklisted from the banking side of chase due to adding me as a joint account holder on her checking account. The checking account was closed.

She opened a Starbucks prepaid visa 2 weeks later just to keep Starbucks gold status for free. It was closed 2 days later



FICO 8 scores 10/2018
EX-776
TU-708
EQ-703
Message 6 of 16
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Starbucks PRE-PAID Debit Visa by Chase.


@Shadowfactor wrote:
@meanmchine

I would say no.

My fiancé was recently blacklisted from the banking side of chase due to adding me as a joint account holder on her checking account. The checking account was closed.

She opened a Starbucks prepaid visa 2 weeks later just to keep Starbucks gold status for free. It was closed 2 days later

Oh wow!... So, its probably safe to say if you're on what @Meanmchine says "no-no list" (lol), then you probably cant get it! 


Scores held down by umpteen INQ & New accounts, and a paid off loan and new loan reporting.
~~~BK7 d/c-08/2013......my rebuild worked for me, but won't necessarily work for you.~~~
Message 7 of 16
Valued Contributor

Re: Starbucks PRE-PAID Debit Visa by Chase.

Yeah.

I was blacklisted due to a check I cashed for an ex girlfriend that turned out to be fraudulent. I paid chase back the $100 bucks and it’s been 10 years but I’m still blacklisted from the banking side.

Not sure about the credit card side.



FICO 8 scores 10/2018
EX-776
TU-708
EQ-703
Message 8 of 16
Valued Contributor

Re: Starbucks PRE-PAID Debit Visa by Chase.


@pizza1 wrote:

@Shadowfactor wrote:
@meanmchine

I would say no.

My fiancé was recently blacklisted from the banking side of chase due to adding me as a joint account holder on her checking account. The checking account was closed.

She opened a Starbucks prepaid visa 2 weeks later just to keep Starbucks gold status for free. It was closed 2 days later

Oh wow!... So, its probably safe to say if you're on what @Meanmchine says "no-no list" (lol), then you probably cant get it! 


Shadowfactor had a unique situation that I dont think anyone else has.  I would still like to hear from others




3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>11/2018 CCT EX 801 TU 818 EQ 810
You are only young once, but you can be immature forever
Message 9 of 16
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Starbucks PRE-PAID Debit Visa by Chase.


@Shadowfactor wrote:
Yeah.

I was blacklisted due to a check I cashed for an ex girlfriend that turned out to be fraudulent. I paid chase back the $100 bucks and it’s been 10 years but I’m still blacklisted from the banking side.

Not sure about the credit card side.

Wow! Super long memory. 

Not to side-track, but I just noticed your siggy and it looks like Penfed update the PR card. I like! 

AMEX PLATINUM, DELTA PLATINUM, DELTA RESERVE & SPG | PenFed PR | NFCU FS | Discover IT | CAP1 VENTURE | NORDSTROM VS l LOWES I MACYS I WAYFAIR I
Message 10 of 16