Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to Using NFCU CLOC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Steps to Using NFCU CLOC

Forgot to mention they also sent me a check for five dollars to deposit. I plan on doing that tomorrow. I lost my brother this week and everything in my life stopped. 

I'll let everyone know what happens. I also plan to ask them specifics. 

Message 11 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

no it act like a loc

@Anonymous wrote:
Wouldn't overdraft put a mark on your Chex/EWS?

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoa, okay. Went back and read everything again. (I was under great stress when I first read it.) The letter says that my checking account has become inactive and that could result in closure of the account. They sent me a check for $5.00 to deposit into my account through mobile deposit. I just did that.

If my checking account was closed wouldn't that mean my CLOC was also closed since they are connected? I still plan to call them tomorrow about using the CLOC. I'll report back.

Message 13 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Whoa, okay. Went back and read everything again. (I was under great stress when I first read it.) The letter says that my checking account has become inactive and that could result in closure of the account. They sent me a check for $5.00 to deposit into my account through mobile deposit. I just did that.

If my checking account was closed wouldn't that mean my CLOC was also closed since they are connected? I still plan to call them tomorrow about using the CLOC. I'll report back.

I believe so since CLOC is connected to checking

Message 14 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous My sincerest condolences on the loss of your brother. I hope that he is in a better place and wish you and your family strength, peace, and fortitude in your time of grief. Stay well my friend, Blessings.
Message 15 of 17
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Musiclover, sorry to hear about your brother....

Also, thank you for the clarification. Your checking account has been inactive and that is why they were considering closing your account. If this action took place that would eliminate your CLOC.

My experience when I tried to use the check from my CLOC was that it pulled it from my checking account as I had enough to cover the check. I compared the routing number and account number and they are identical on the checks for each account.

Message 16 of 17
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Good question Musiclover. Ive never understood this cloc and its appeal but ill tell ya i recently did a cash advsnce from my cc to help someone out . Interest just came out, lol $0.06 Smiley Wink Went to pay but you can't pay less than $5 go figure.

AJC, the CLOC can help lower utilization which is why a lot of folks apply for it. Up to $15,000 is a huge padding to lower one's credit utilization.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.