Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tab Bank

Thanks, Aim_High, for the warning! Well, this has dampened my hopes for this bank, but I'm already "in," so I'll wait it out and see what happens. I don't have a lot of money right now so I'll do what I can with what I have (which isn't much) and if they boot me off, so be it! I didn't have any problems really getting set up (so far) and the app seems okay (so far). I guess I'm being the guinea pig for the rest of us now! Smiley LOL 

Edit: I remember TAB; I love TAB! It was my go-to drink for a long time!

Message 11 of 22
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, Aim_High, for the warning!

I guess I'm being the guinea pig for the rest of us now! Smiley LOL 

Edit: I remember TAB; I love TAB! It was my go-to drink for a long time!

You’re welcome! Yes please do report back for the community with your experience. 

Glad I brought back memories. Dating us both, my Mom used to love that stuff when it first came out lol 😜

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 12 of 22
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

Finally got an email from them. Haven't had time to set it up. 

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 13 of 22
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Tab Bank is known for dealing with the trucking industry.... they even finance equipment and rigs.... and know how to deal with things like comcheks and invoice factoring....and have things like 24/7 phone support and most accounts have fee free atms and such.. 

-J

Message 14 of 22
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

Tab Bank is known for dealing with the trucking industry.... they even finance equipment and rigs.... and know how to deal with things like comcheks and invoice factoring....and have things like 24/7 phone support and most accounts have fee free atms and such.. 

-J

E-Trade has the samet hing with the ATMs. Always a plus when you're in the middle of nowhere and don't want to the the $4.50 fee. 

Thank you for the info. 

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought I'd do an update on my experience with Tab Bank... @ScoreSizzle I'm tagging you so you can give feedback with any experience you have.

A few weeks ago I noticed I was double-charged for a simple fast food debit. I called TaB bank's support number. Had a lot of trouble getting anywhere because they kept on saying my PIN was wrong. I know it's not wrong. I had recently used it at an ATM. I finally was able to talk to customer service (this was on the weekend so many of the regular numbers were not working). The woman I talked to was not rude or anything, but she sounded like she was a teenager from the Valley. "Uh yeah, we've noticed a lot of double charges lately, they should be fixed by Monday." About the PIN being "incorrect." "Uh yeah, our techs have been getting a lot of complaints about that..."

This just destroyed my trust. I don't think TaB bank is shady, and sure enough, by Monday the double charge on my debit was gone. (I don't know if my PIN is recognized yet.) But the whole experience seemed off to me.

I don't intend to close my account anytime soon. (I just opened it!) But I'm not going to be using it much for a while. As of now, it's doubtful that I'd put a lot of money into the checking account at least.

Message 16 of 22
Aim_High
Super Contributor

301 Moved Permanently

Like, Fer Sherr that's totally not my department ...

Lol ... Maybe they should be Valley Bank instead of Tab Bank  Smiley LOL

I wouldn't trust them with real money either.  Smiley Wink

Business Cards

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley LOL LOL! I'm actually from the Valley myself (it takes one to know one! Smiley LOL ) but I know I wouldn't be good at banking customer service! Smiley Tongue

I almost wonder if she was a relation to a boss and was filling in during the weekend. What bothered me more than the double charge (which did go away, as promised) was her lackadaisical reaction to the PIN not working.  

Message 18 of 22
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Smiley LOL LOL! I'm actually from the Valley myself (it takes one to know one! Smiley LOL ) but I know I wouldn't be good at banking customer service! Smiley Tongue

I almost wonder if she was a relation to a boss and was filling in during the weekend. What bothered me more than the double charge (which did go away, as promised) was her lackadaisical reaction to the PIN not working.  

One technical problem ... okay. But two separate ones at the same time? (double charged and pin not working?) Plus lackadaisical customer service?  I dunno but I think I'd be finding a new bank over all that. We joke about it but to me, dealing with my money is serious business and not something to be taken lightly.  Smiley Frustrated  

Business Cards

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're right. I don't think I'll be using them for anything serious. (I have less than $50 in the accounts now.) I'm just letting the money sit for now. I feel weird closing it so soon after opening it but I cannot fathom trusting thousands upon thousands of dollars with them. And you're right—it was the double-whammy of the double debit AND the PIN not working and the girl says, "Oh yeah..." like it's just one of those things...

I just opened a checking and savings with DCU. I like the high-interest Primary Savings account. When I actually have a larger sum I'll have to find somewhere else to stash it (because DCU's high interest is only for the first $1000) but for now, it'll do! And I like the idea of early direct deposit too. (And maybe their credit cards down the road! Smiley LOL )

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.