Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Quest for an SSL alternative to Alliant

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Quest for an SSL alternative to Alliant

Wow that is horrible news CGID. I am very sorry to hear that. I’ve learned a great deal from you and I very much enjoy reading your posts. Unfortunately I don’t have the time or the expertise to take on such a project. But I am humbled that you considered me.
Message 351 of 468
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do want to thank you for all the work you’ve put into this and for all the wonderful advice that you have memorialized throughout all these threads. Due to everything I’ve learned here, I recently became a member of NFCU and plan to implement this technique. I hope you reconsider it would be a terrible loss if you left.
Message 352 of 468
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a kind thought, buddy!  Really means a lot to me.

No, I am pretty sure I'll be leaving in the next week or two.  I sure am glad you'll continue to be here, however.

Message 353 of 468
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I sure hope to learn some more from you before you leave. And I sure hope you reconsider.
Message 354 of 468
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here! And I haven’t even been around for long.
Message 355 of 468
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What a kind thought, buddy!  Really means a lot to me.

No, I am pretty sure I'll be leaving in the next week or two.  I sure am glad you'll continue to be here, however.

Sorry to hear it, you've been a great contributor. You've got to be the most patient person alive. Best of luck in making good use of all the free time you're going to have now Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 356 of 468
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Voila if Penfed does have an SSL the search is over:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/NFCU-SSL/m-p/5647521/highlight/true#M99645

I just don’t see it on their website any more.

        
Message 357 of 468
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disco offered me BT at 4.99% for 15 months so I pulled $3500 to checking and then I'll write myself a check and deposit it in to NFCU and call for the 5 year loan. 

Just to make sure I am doing this right...

I pay it down to $311.50 right away and then set up recurring payments of how much? I don't want to run out the clock early on the loan but I want to minimize the interest I'm paying NFCU and keep the loan from being forgiven. 

Message 358 of 468
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

A CSR at NFCU was telling me that many people just take out a $250 loan every 6 months to keep a loan on their credit report.. lol Anyone here actually doing this instead of 3k for 5 years?

Maybe I am using too much logic but I would think if you need $250 every 6 months and it shows up on your credit reports like that... a creditor will just wonder why you don't go get a part time job and make that in a week or month.

That would be a great way to completely wreck your credit. Opening a new account every 6 months... for no good reason.

Message 359 of 468
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Disco offered me BT at 4.99% for 15 months so I pulled $3500 to checking and then I'll write myself a check and deposit it in to NFCU and call for the 5 year loan. 

Just to make sure I am doing this right...

I pay it down to $311.50 right away and then set up recurring payments of how much? I don't want to run out the clock early on the loan but I want to minimize the interest I'm paying NFCU and keep the loan from being forgiven. 

It doesn't have to be recurring payments; they can be regular payments.

I would pay $2 or $3 or so every month.

Message 360 of 468
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.