cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Quest for an SSL alternative to Alliant

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Super Contributor

Re: The Quest for an SSL alternative to Alliant

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

Disco offered me BT at 4.99% for 15 months so I pulled $3500 to checking and then I'll write myself a check and deposit it in to NFCU and call for the 5 year loan. 

Just to make sure I am doing this right...

I pay it down to $311.50 right away and then set up recurring payments of how much? I don't want to run out the clock early on the loan but I want to minimize the interest I'm paying NFCU and keep the loan from being forgiven. 

It doesn't have to be recurring payments; they can be regular payments.

I would pay $2 or $3 or so every month.

Yep I did the math and it comes out to $5.25 if I'm keeping up with the interest so I'll just shoot for $3 a month which would be $180 out of $311.50 left - should be plenty to avoid closing it out early after interest and that's a payment I can safely set to auto pay from my checking and never have to worry about it. 

01/2019:
10/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Cash+, Freedom.
Message 361 of 364

I'm in Texas and looking at SSFCU based on the comments here. I see a lot of people saying they had just opened the loans. Does anyone have a longer term experience with them?

@Saeren wrote:

Yep I did the math and it comes out to $5.25 if I'm keeping up with the interest so I'll just shoot for $3 a month which would be $180 out of $311.50 left - should be plenty to avoid closing it out early after interest and that's a payment I can safely set to auto pay from my checking and never have to worry about it. 

Message 362 of 364
Senior Contributor

@GingerM1973 wrote:

I'm in Texas and looking at SSFCU based on the comments here. I see a lot of people saying they had just opened the loans. Does anyone have a longer term experience with them?

@Saeren wrote:

@GingerM1973 Welcome To myFICO Forums! ,

Sorry I can't help you, as I only know about The Navy (NFCU) SSL   ..

But maybe @Saeren  or someone else can help?

Message 363 of 364
Super Contributor

@GingerM1973 wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

@GingerM1973 what specifically were you wondering about them? I don't have a loan with them right now, they gave me an auto loan back in 2009 and I have a credit card, but I'll answer if I can. 

01/2019:
10/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Cash+, Freedom.
Message 364 of 364
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.