Did you mean: 

Thinking of joining DCU?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thinking of joining DCU?

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

DCU is great unless you need to reach them. And yes, it takes forever to get the PIN in the mail. Also make sure you save it because you cannot change it. 

"What do I need a PIN for?

You need your DCU PIN for the following:

• Debit Card/ATM transactions at ATMs or point-of-sale (POS) locations
  • Access to your accounts using Easy Touch Telephone Teller System
  • To take a Visa® Cash Advance on your DCU Visa account at an ATM
  • To access your accounts via Online Banking for the first time. You will be prompted to create a unique password for Online Banking upon your first log on."

https://www.dcu.org/learn/member-resources/new-members-guide.html

They are one of the few CUs that hasn't dropped rates on their savings accounts. The savings is also a blended rate so you get 6.17% on the first $1K and .25% on the excess instead of some of these accounts like Blue FCU where going over the $1K drops the entire APR to the lower amount. It means you don't have to stress about getting the $5 and change transferred out of the account every month. 

+1 @Anonymous Smiley Happy   .. I was waiting for you to chime in on this!

I am sure it has been mentioned, just curious who/what do they pull to become a CU member?

(I am not interested in credit products ATM, as you could probably understand LOL/whySmiley LOL)

They soft pull EQ for membership (they use EQ5 for all lending decisions and provide that score free each month which is a nice bonus to membership with them). 

Once set up it's pretty smooth sailing but even before COVID-19, if you needed to talk to someone, it was a good 2+ hours. Their IVR would take your number and call you back so you didn't have to sit on hold but their hold time was just absurd. That's my only real gripe with them. Everything else from their app to their site is serviceable. Nothing special but adequate. 

Message 11 of 34
ZackAttack
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

DCU is great unless you need to reach them. And yes, it takes forever to get the PIN in the mail. Also make sure you save it because you cannot change it. 

• To access your accounts via Online Banking for the first time. You will be prompted to create a unique password for Online Banking upon your first log on."

They are one of the few CUs that hasn't dropped rates on their savings accounts. The savings is also a blended rate so you get 6.17% on the first $1K and .25% on the excess instead of some of these accounts like Blue FCU where going over the $1K drops the entire APR to the lower amount. It means you don't have to stress about getting the $5 and change transferred out of the account every month. 

I am sure it has been mentioned, just curious who/what do they pull to become a CU member?

(I am not interested in credit products ATM, as you could probably understand LOL/whySmiley LOL)

They soft pull EQ for membership (they use EQ5 for all lending decisions and provide that score free each month which is a nice bonus to membership with them). 

Once set up it's pretty smooth sailing but even before COVID-19, if you needed to talk to someone, it was a good 2+ hours. Their IVR would take your number and call you back so you didn't have to sit on hold but their hold time was just absurd. That's my only real gripe with them. Everything else from their app to their site is serviceable. Nothing special but adequate. 

I was told in an email from DCU that they Hard Pull EQ.

---------

Does anyone want to give a referral link while I think about joining?

MSGCU Rewards | $8kDiscover Cash It | $10kAmex BCP | $15kBest Buy Visa | $20kChase Freedom Flex | $8kDCU Platinum | $8kNFCU Plat | $35kNFCU cashRewards | $24kAffinity FCU Cash Rewards | $7kAmazon Prime | 12.5kChase Unlimited | 16.4kUSAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex | 10kAmex Business Cash | 10k

Loans
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/22/2023 ($299/month)
Closed
Michigan Schools & Gov't CU Titanium 1/4/2019 - 10/2/2020
Ford Credit Car Loan 3-year 7/31/2018-6/6/2021
$1,500 Discover Card 10/2/2020 - 8/18/2021
$3,500 Citi DC 10/14/2020 - 12/11/2021
$8,000 DCU Personal Loan 5-year 5.99% 10/2/2020 - 4/30/2021
$8,000 NFCU CashRewards 1/2/2021 - 7/30/2022
$5,000 MSGCU Personal Loan 3-year 7.75% 4/22/2022 - 10/30/2022
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/7/2021 - 6/22/2023
Message 12 of 34
gregorius
New Contributor

I think years ago they hard pulled for membership, but it was 100% not a HP when I joined and opened checking+savings (no lines of credit) in March.

Message 13 of 34
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@ZackAttack wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was told in an email from DCU that they Hard Pull EQ.

---------

MOD EDIT - REFERAL LINKS OR SOLICITATIONS ARE AGAINST THE TOS

Message 14 of 34
Remedios
Credit Mentor

A quick reminder, please do not post or ask for referal links

Those are addressed HERE  

Message 15 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

You all have me wanting to apply now... at least to get the accounts going. Don't need any random new TLs yet... mortgage first... but after that, maaaybe. 

Message 16 of 34
ChazzieT
Frequent Contributor

@ZackAttack wrote:

I've been thinking of signing up...

@Anonymous wrote:

You all have me wanting to apply now...

Do it.gif

Message 17 of 34
ZackAttack
Established Contributor

@ChazzieT wrote:

@ZackAttack wrote:

I've been thinking of signing up...

@Anonymous wrote:

You all have me wanting to apply now...

Do it.gif

Well I posted in my application Saturday. At the moment, haven't heard anything so far.

MSGCU Rewards | $8kDiscover Cash It | $10kAmex BCP | $15kBest Buy Visa | $20kChase Freedom Flex | $8kDCU Platinum | $8kNFCU Plat | $35kNFCU cashRewards | $24kAffinity FCU Cash Rewards | $7kAmazon Prime | 12.5kChase Unlimited | 16.4kUSAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex | 10kAmex Business Cash | 10k

Loans
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/22/2023 ($299/month)
Closed
Michigan Schools & Gov't CU Titanium 1/4/2019 - 10/2/2020
Ford Credit Car Loan 3-year 7/31/2018-6/6/2021
$1,500 Discover Card 10/2/2020 - 8/18/2021
$3,500 Citi DC 10/14/2020 - 12/11/2021
$8,000 DCU Personal Loan 5-year 5.99% 10/2/2020 - 4/30/2021
$8,000 NFCU CashRewards 1/2/2021 - 7/30/2022
$5,000 MSGCU Personal Loan 3-year 7.75% 4/22/2022 - 10/30/2022
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/7/2021 - 6/22/2023
Message 18 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

well, i have found once you login their CHAT support is simply the best. I applied for their $2000 quick loan suite quick loan & just to do paperwork, i was on phone for 2 hours; if all i wanted was information whether i was approved or rejected, chat services under support tab once you login is really a blessing. 

To finalize loan documents, you still always have to call them & there just are NOT enough CSR's available at one time to respond to your request for finalizing your LoanSuite loan documents. it just took forever.

I m also considering them for AUTO refinance with GAP insurance of $295 for 18 months & am concerned about the time lag it takes from application to approval. 

Message 19 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

well, i have found once you login their CHAT support is simply the best. I applied for their $2000 quick loan suite quick loan & just to do paperwork, i was on phone for 2 hours; if all i wanted was information whether i was approved or rejected, chat services under support tab once you login is really a blessing. 

To finalize loan documents, you still always have to call them & there just are NOT enough CSR's available at one time to respond to your request for finalizing your LoanSuite loan documents. it just took forever.

I m also considering them for AUTO refinance with GAP insurance of $295 for 18 months & am concerned about the time lag it takes from application to approval. 

Last time I tried to chat, I closed the window after I waited 15 minutes without the queue moving. 

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.