Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: This is bull right??

FIFY?!

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

The IRS doesn't not call. They send letters. Hell they rarely even answer their own calls it seems.
Message 12 of 26
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Without reading the subsequent posts I can tell you the grammar used is not "governmentese". Heck, the writer is either illiterate or English is their second language. Second, the sense of urgency is placed there to scare you into acting. Screams scam to me. 

If you are still concerned this is real, I would look up the IRS's phone number and call THAT number and ask. Then you can find out if it is real and if not report the fraud to the Department of Treasury who the IRS is under.  

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 13 of 26
MyFault
Valued Contributor

I constantly get calls regarding IRS and Social Security saying they're going to shut me down, come after me, prosecute me, etc.

FYI the IRS will NEVER, i repeat NEVER call you. Period. They will send you a certified letter. Any phone calls you receive tell them to kick rocks and to take you off of their list.

I feel sorry for the poor people they take advantage of. Praying on those who don't know any better, like the elderly. It's infuriating.

|  
Message 14 of 26
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

FIFY?!

I pray I get a call from these guys sometime just so I can waste their time. Here's a link to one who accidentally called a police officer Smiley Very Happy

AU

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reminds of the story of the Fake Bill Collector and the Special ops guy. Story may or may not be true. I think its true based on the source.

Fake bill collector calls Special  ops guy. Special  ops knows it fake and tracks down the office.     He and his ops pals raid the building and handcuff every one to the furniture.  They then tear gas the building. Then the give one of the guys a choice who will live coworker or wife/kids.  Rinse and repeat.  After several dead they offer the living a choice 1) explain the dead bodies to the cops  or 2) or drink the special kool aid. No one left game over. 

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm curious how many people out of ten will actually fall for this though? Even though it's pretty much common knowledge/headlines  these days about scams.

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm curious how many people out of ten will actually fall for this though? Even though it's pretty much common knowledge/headlines  these days about scams.

They are looking for the most guillible amongst us. They then use that to better target for future scams. It is actually pretty sophisticated setups. We all like to think this is just some loser in a basement and sometimes it is, but sometimes it is advanced setups with ML helping direct who to target with what scam. I recently had a friend fall for a scam that was incredibly well targeted to get her to think it was real. Even I didn't see any obvious signs amiss and I am so skeptical it drives people i know crazy.

Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

kitboga on yt is great to watch. he does mostly the microsoft scams, etc

sad part is, many americans get scammed out of millions, perhaps billions each year

The irs ones come tax season and they get smarter by the year.

In my google news feed around tax season i read a lot of peeps getting hosed for boatloads.

sad.

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Man, my girlfriend watches the show 90 Day Fiancee--long story short, it's about couples who meet online and have to try getting married before visa expires (or something like that)...you wouldn't believe how obvious it is some of these people are just being scammed out of their money and/or being used for a green card. Or a few people trying to move to outside of the US to be with their e-connection. One woman 55-ish woman wanted to move to India to marry & live with her 27 year old guy. Consulted with a lawyer. Asked if her life savings of like $8k will be enough to fly out & live off of the rest of her years. Pretty sure if it wasn't for the cameras, he would have told her to get her crazy behind out of his office.

And people wonder why US citizens are viewed poorly around the globe...
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.