cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on PayPal "Optional Card Security"?

tag
ghost-cell
Valued Member

Thoughts on PayPal "Optional Card Security"?

On the surface it seems nifty. Seems like a feature most cc companies don't offer--- the ability to negate 10k in debt if they agree you suffered a qualifying life circumstance. Even if you do get charged, you still profit a little. (It's a 2% cashback card, but it can have a fee of 1.66% because they charge you $1.66 per $100 on your statement cut.) I kind of want to say yes to it and add it to my card. What are y'alls thoughts on the feature?? 

Have -

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Thoughts on PayPal "Optional Card Security"?

IMO?  Unless you're living under some really extenuating circumstance save your money and even if you are be sure to read the fine print very very carefully.

I get reminded of the service every time I log into one of my Synchrony accounts, it isn't just offered on the PayPal card.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 3
ghost-cell
Valued Member

Re: Thoughts on PayPal "Optional Card Security"?

@coldfusion oh wow, thank you! I didn't know Synchrony offered it on more than that. I wasn't sure if it was unique to the PayPal card, why people didn't talk about it more, if it was something limited time and I should pounce..

Knowing this I think I'll hold off. I don't believe myself to be in danger of losing my job or health, and if anything keep my cc balances AZEO or as minimal as possible. PayPal is one of the zero balance cards, so it seemed a little silly to pay for a service that would zero out my balance when it was already zero, but I just thought I'd ask around for opinions

Have -

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.