Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trial Deposits Not Withdrawn

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trial Deposits Not Withdrawn

Ok so a few months ago I opened a savings account online. They made two trial deposits to my external checking account... but unlike my other experiences, they never made a withdrawl back out. Their page on adding an external account says that a withdrawl will be made for the sum of the deposits, but it's been more than 3 months. Am I safe to say this will never happen, or should I report it to somebody?

I have no incentive to keep the lousy 30 cents, but I want to avoid something in the bank's system from causing a collection or something else ridiculous.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
iced
Valued Contributor

Re: Trial Deposits Not Withdrawn

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok so a few months ago I opened a savings account online. They made two trial deposits to my external checking account... but unlike my other experiences, they never made a withdrawl back out. Their page on adding an external account says that a withdrawl will be made for the sum of the deposits, but it's been more than 3 months. Am I safe to say this will never happen, or should I report it to somebody?

I have no incentive to keep the lousy 30 cents, but I want to avoid something in the bank's system from causing a collection or something else ridiculous.

Thanks!

Sounds like Barclays Online Savings to me. They never take the money back (at least not for the 5 or so accounts I've added). I wouldn't worry about it, and any bank with scruples isn't going to haul you off to collections over 30 cents.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.