Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trip Cancellation to Canada

tag
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Trip Cancellation to Canada

Hey guys, so I got a planned trip to Canada in July. I could cancel it now, but I would get reimbursed for $63 or so, should I wait until it's closer to that date? It's due to the Corona virus. I have a credit card with a credit union that's in SoCal, and I'm in the Bay area. But they have a trip cancellation policy reimburse up to $1500.

Here's their policy of the benefits of the card - https://www.premieramerica.com/loans/credit-cards/mastercard-benefits

4 REPLIES 4
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Trip Cancellation to Canada

What are the "covered reasons"?

What if any provision(s) are the vendors (presumably airline tickets, possibly deposits on hotels and such) that the charges were made offering?

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 5
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Idk if it covers that, that's the thing but I know that they're aware of it.

Message 3 of 5
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I'd suggest you start off by learning what the policies are regarding refunds and/or rebookings for the related charges from the vendor or vendors themselves especially if you aren't 100% positive right now that you won't be going under any circumstances. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMHO, I think you will be fine to travel by July. I don't think they would want to drag this out that long, too much damage could happen.

As for the cancelation policy, if it's like most included with CC's. Then it only covers if you are directly affected by a sickness. 

The only way to possibly cancel an get a voucher for future travel, is to do it now with their "panic mode" on. And these agencies being a bit more lenient with changes. 

Perhaps call them directly to see what they're wiling to do to accomodate. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.