Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with bill pay

tag
Bees18
Frequent Contributor

Trouble with bill pay

Hi,

After having lots of trouble it's zelle for paying a landlord, I'm tying to figure out bill pay from my bank. When setting it up to go to a person and entering them in manually, it does not ask for the persons bank account only their address and phone number. So where is the money going and how is it supposed to get to them? 

Customer service has given me the run around with this and will not answer why I can't enter their bank info. So where does the money go and how do I know it's getting to the right place.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Trouble with bill pay

I don't use Zelle, but if it's anything like venmo , when you send money to someone they just have to have an account with venmo , their account has their banking info and you just send to their account name. Atleast that how that works.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are paying a person that isn't set up to receive payments via ACH, some bill pay providers will cut a paper check and mail it.

Message 3 of 4
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you are paying a person that isn't set up to receive payments via ACH, some bill pay providers will cut a paper check and mail it.

+1

When you use bill pay to pay an individual or a small business/company, it's common for them to be mailed a paper check.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.