Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get an Affinity account

tag
disney2
Regular Contributor

Re: Affinity denial for membership

Update:  I requested my LexisNexis report as mentioned.  It is 116 pages long and I have no idea what I'm looking for.  My name and address are correct in the million listings with my name and address.

What am I looking for on this?  Any help would be appreciated.

Message 21 of 26
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

Re: Trying to get an Affinity account

Are any of your reports frozen? I was unable to sign up for a bank recently because I forgot one of my bureaus was frozen.  I unfreezed it and I was able to successfully apply/join.

Message 22 of 26
disney2
Regular Contributor

No none are frozen.  I wish it was that easy or that Affinity would at least tell me what the problem is.

Message 23 of 26
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

Is Plaid still an issue? I have never used them, and will not use them. I did not use them to open my accounts with Affinity.

Message 24 of 26
disney2
Regular Contributor

If you don't choose the account that requires the $1000 deposit and keep it under a certain amount, Plaid isn't required.  I've tried it both ways.

Message 25 of 26
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

The only other bit of advice I can give from the top of my head is to make sure your Equifax information matches with your Affinity application. Remove any old addresses. In fact, I would make sure your address and information is current on all three bureaus.  Same for your lexis nexis report, you need to ensure there is no incorrect information listed that will conflict with your application. I remember at least for me both Navy and Affinity soft pulled Equifax for info purposes when I attempted to join.  The pull was labeled as "ID Report" - I don't know what else it could be.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.