cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: NASA FCU CHECKING / SAVINGS ACCOUNT DENIED FOR ID VER!

tag
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

UPDATED: NASA FCU CHECKING / SAVINGS ACCOUNT DENIED FOR ID VER!

Update: My mistae, it was actually NASA FCU that i applied with. not the Navy FCU. Sorry for the confusion.

Applied online for NFCU checking and savings account 2 days ago. Called in yesterday and was told i would get an email from them. An hour later i get an email stating there is a new document waiting for me. I log in to check the status of the application and it was denied. Looked over the application paper, and "Unable to verify identity" was marked. Called inand asked and was told they can not verify my identity. I did upload DL, SSN, Utility bill, before they asked for it, but was told it is the decision and they are sticking with it. 

Has this ever happened to anyone or is there anyway i can get this reconsidered, or should i just let it go?

Thanks for the advise.

nfcu.GIF

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
RCFL
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU CHECKING / SAVINGS ACCOUNT DENIED FOR ID VER!

So they're sticking with the denied decision even after you provided them with all the necessary proof/papers of who you are? That's a little weird. Should definitely call and ask for someone higher up.
Message 2 of 19
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@RCFL wrote:
So they're sticking with the denied decision even after you provided them with all the necessary proof/papers of who you are? That's a little weird. Should definitely call and ask for someone higher up.

Exactly. And i uploaded the forms after denial, before calling in. And asked the lady on the phone, to make sure, i said, so you guys are denying me because you can not verify who i am? She said yes.I told her i have uploaded some document and can upload more if needed, and she said no, we are sticking with our decision. I just thought it was weird that they did this instead of asking for documents, because i did not ask for credit or loan, just a checking and savings account.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 3 of 19
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I would go right to a branch if you have one anywhere near you , this is ridiculous. We had issues with the verification of my fiancé even though like you we provided everything they asked for . They didn't deny him but they made it very hard and we had to go to a branch to prove his ID just to get his accts unfrozen .
What route did you use for eligibility if I may ask ? This just really upsets me, I know that NFCU is a wonderful CU number one in the country but they need to get it together on thier membership verification end .
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you would have followed the directions in the original thread and sent in your IDs with the app, you wouldnt be in this situation.

Message 5 of 19
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

That's not very nice ! Everyone makes mistakes .
Message 6 of 19
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@KSK1912 wrote:

Applied online for NFCU checking and savings account 2 days ago. Called in yesterday and was told i would get an email from them. An hour later i get an email stating there is a new document waiting for me. I log in to check the status of the application and it was denied. Looked over the application paper, and "Unable to verify identity" was marked. Called inand asked and was told they can not verify my identity. I did upload DL, SSN, Utility bill, before they asked for it, but was told it is the decision and they are sticking with it. 

Has this ever happened to anyone or is there anyway i can get this reconsidered, or should i just let it go?

Thanks for the advise.

nfcu.GIF

I'm sorry you're having problems.  Smiley Sad

I have a few questions for clarification... when you mention the savings account that was denied (along with the checking), are you referring to the savings account that's required for membership?  In other words, are they actually denying your membership itself due to the verification issue?

My second question is by any chance do you have any of the secondary bureaus frozen?  I know with what you've provided it shouldn't matter, but sometimes it causes a problem anyway (again, not saying I agree that it should).

And thirdly, are you eligible due to NLUS or do you have a military connection?  You might have mentioned it on one of the other threads already, but rather than sort though your other posts I'll ask here so everybody else reading this thread will know.  If you're NLUS that likely made a difference as well, and the problem might not be so much a problem with your ID but that of your eligibility (especially if you took the misguided advice that has been given a few times regarding editing a NLUS email to prove your connection to the SD chapter).

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

What were the two methods of ID that you used if I may ask?

I sent them my copy of DL and a birth certificate. No problems with my membership. 

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

A few thoughts:

Has your address or phone number changed recently? Is your address different from the one on your credit reports, or different from the one shown on your ID?

Does the address on the utility bill you uploaded match your ID exactly? Does your SSN record with the Social Security administration match your current legal name?

Also, have you ever placed or had a fraud alert on your credit reports? This may cause an issue as well.

Have you checked your recent credit reports to ensure that your name and address information is correct? Is there anything at all different on your credit reports from what you provided to Navy Federal?

I'm also wondering if there is any possibility that LexisNexis or some dumb secondary information reporting bureau may have incorrect information listed about you in their files that would cause a mismatch. Navy Federal most likely isn't playing with LexisNexis, but anything is a possibility at this point.

Message 9 of 19
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

If you would have followed the directions in the original thread and sent in your IDs with the app, you wouldnt be in this situation.

OP hasn't commented regarding membership qualifications, so we don't know if "the original thread" even applies in this situation.   Until OP offers further information, I must advise to stay on topic.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.