Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Checking Bonus Eligibility

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank Checking Bonus Eligibility

US Bank is currently offering an interesting $200 checking bonus for new customers.

My issue: The promotional flyer at my local branch laser focuses on how basically any and all recent checking activity with USB disqualifies you. Then goes on to add, vaguely, "other USB bonus offers in the last 12 months (limit 1 per customer)." I've never heard of any sort of universal hard limit on bonus offer eligibility, unless it was for the SAME EXACT product.

My question: I recently got the $150 and $25 spend and redemption bonuses for the USB Cash+ card, and was wondering if anyone personally knew if this affects checking bonus eligibility??

Additional Info:

-I've never banked with USB prior to the CC

-The branch manager believes the CC bonus wouldn't affect the checking bonus, but the multiple reps I asked were clueless

What do you guys think? I'm not too familiar with US Bank, so I'm not sure what to expect. Wanting to pull the trigger on the Gold Checking package, to get the waived fee + $200 bonus. Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: US Bank Checking Bonus Eligibility

I do new bank account bonuses regularly and I've never seen any bank disqualify you from a new bank account bonus because you recently got a new credit card bonus with them. They're two completely products, the bonus for the CC is to attract loyal CC customers by requiring a certain spend on the card to get the bonus. The checking account bonus requires a minimum of $500 direct deposit per month to get the bonus, requiring the DD is to keep you as a banking customer. I googled "US Bank new account bonus" and here is the online promo and doesn't have the vague wording about "other USB bonus offers in the last 12 months":

https://www.usbank.com/switch/index.aspx

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Checking Bonus Eligibility

Awesome, thanks! Can never be too sure with a conservative bank like USB. Went ahead and pulled the trigger, we'll see what happens!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.