Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Gold Checking is free with any CC

tag
Green456
Established Contributor

US Bank Gold Checking is free with any CC

I am surprised to have noticed that US bank offers completely free gold checking account for anybody who has active US bank credit card. In addition to that you can get 2 free easy checking accounts. No direct deposit required, no minimum balance.
That beats for me PenFed right now which requires $500 direct deposit for their free checking or minimum $500 balance.
This also beats the other big national banks such as Chase, Wells Fargo and BoA.
Anybody here had experience with US Bank?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: US Bank Gold Checking is free with any CC

I am Very Happy With US Bank Gold Checking, Savings and Cash+ Credit Card

Customer Service Has Been Great!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Green456 wrote:
I am surprised to have noticed that US bank offers completely free gold checking account for anybody who has active US bank credit card. In addition to that you can get 2 free easy checking accounts. No direct deposit required, no minimum balance.
That beats for me PenFed right now which requires $500 direct deposit for their free checking or minimum $500 balance.
This also beats the other big national banks such as Chase, Wells Fargo and BoA.

I recently financed a truck through US Bank, I wonder if I am eligible for the free gold checking?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Green456 wrote:

Very happy with US Bank.  I have checking/savings/Cash+/PLOC.  I'm not a huge fan of the mobile app as I liked the previous version better but everything else including the service has been great for me.  I like their bill pay.  You can use your credit card as overdraft protection.

They are still part of the MoneyPass network which allows you no fee ATM cash withdrawls as long as the bank or CU you are withdrawing from is also a member.  This gives you access to over 30,000 free ATMS.  I rarely carry cash but if I need cash, it is nice to know that there is always somewhere close that won't charge me fees on either side.  You can download the separate Moneypass app and always see the banks/CUs that won't charge you.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had US Bank for about 7 years before I had to file for bankruptcy and left them. Never had a single complaint. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymousin my memory your auto loan "purpose" would qualify as a waiver of the $14.95 per month fee for the Gold Checking. Would verify for sure. Also, US Bank has a "Customer Relations Score" that may help you when needing products. They also offer Reserve Lines for overdraft on your checking If you decide to pursue the checking in the process of qualifying a Reserve Line may appear and you can add it right then (did that without going through the full credit process). As the other posters stated US Bank has been good to work with. Like most things some people find other wise and I say all of this is YMMV.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.