Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank's new checking account options pushed back

tag
crrredit
Established Contributor

US Bank's new checking account options pushed back

US Bank was going to introduce new checking account options this past Friday, and do away with existing options. But they have pushed them back to September 21. Their existing options, as well as a $400 sub are still available.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank's new checking account options pushed back

Wondered if I read it wrong ... now I know!

Does anyone know what they are doing? Their website barely works and now we are offering "Smart Banking" ... huh!
Message 2 of 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know what they are doing? Their website barely works and now we are offering "Smart Banking" ... huh!

"Does anyone know what they are doing?" >> @Anonymous , They may not know what they are doing?

Wonder if they are re-designing their phone App for the Millionth time?

or they could be to "busy?"  with other things of more importance.

"Smart Banking" >> Are you making fun of Me?Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 18
crrredit
Established Contributor

The new USBank smartly checking option was briefly listed in their Consumer Pricing PDF but now it's gone again. It had the Easy Checking monthly fee (6.95) and pays interest, although the interest is of the .01% big bank variety. You can get the fee waived with direct deposits, a minimum daily balance or by having a US Bank credit card. It's like Easy Checking and Gold Checking had a baby. The old Consumer Pricing PDF is back up again with the old account options. 

Message 4 of 18
Traveler101
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sometimes I wonder if they themselves know what they are doing. What ever it is, count on it being slow. Should you need to call them, bring ya a sandwich.

Message 5 of 18
northway
Regular Contributor

Disclosures are available again.

Consumer Pricing Information (usbank.com)

Bank Smartly is basically the same exact thing as Truist One. A single account with various tiers depending on balance and different perks based on that. I wouldn't say it's necessarily any better or worse than what exists currently.

Personal Cards:
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @northway!

Will add ... US Bank has nothing I could find for this new way of life on their website!

In fact, I am wondering where the real benefits will come for people with smaller incomes and banking needs?  Smiley Surprised

Message 7 of 18
northway
Regular Contributor

Checking the disclosure again, it was updated recently to show October 5, 2022 as the new launch date. They seem to keep pushing it back every month. Maybe backend problems getting everything ready or switched over.

Personal Cards:
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@northway wrote:

Checking the disclosure again, it was updated recently to show October 5, 2022 as the new launch date. They seem to keep pushing it back every month. Maybe backend problems getting everything ready or switched over.

Again, thanks ... they seem to be trying an out of sight out of mind approach ...? One has to wonder why you would start marketing for a product only to have to pull back twice now!

Missed your Truist reference but I see it now. As I look at many of the large financials, Tiers or Tears none of the interest is ever much so leaving money sitting would likely be for other reasons not for true earnings.

Another recent thread on MyFico dealt with current interest rates offering and several were over 2% so I doubt US Bank will pay enough to bother with.

Will add going back a couple of years, they would slip 17 month and 39 month CD Specials in their online for a few days and they were good rates but not any lately (did take advantage of some).

After reading the information you did post, I wonder where I will see any benefit? Smiley Surprised

Message 9 of 18
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

I hope I get to keep my Gold checking with the fee waiver due to having a USBank CC. 

FICO 8 (3/1/24) EX 805 EQ 824 TU 844
FICO 9 (2/17/24) EX 821 EQ 778TU 850
I practice AZEO - NEVER above 1% utilization across all cards.

Current lineup as of 9/23
American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 11K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 10K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 3K I Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 20K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 15K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 4K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.