cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank website = UGH! Can they update to at least the early 2k's?

tag
DoogieBall
Regular Contributor

US Bank website = UGH! Can they update to at least the early 2k's?

This just me ranting.  I decided to take advantage of the 5% categories and do some post winter online shopping.  Picked out all the items and checkout time.  Put in all the info and pressed purchase.  I was greeted with the spinning wheel for at least 3 minutes.  I know this because I went into the kitchen to make coffee.  When I came back it was still on the purchase screen.  Hmmm?  Not wanting to get double charged, I opened another tab and went to the US Bank website to see if the charge went through. 

The system is currently unavailable.  Please contact customer service.

Well, okay.  I certainly will.  So after going through the various menus (I also checked my balance and it was $0) I finally get to the choice of speaking to a CSR.  Maybe I was impatient but I waited about 5 minutes before the call was disconnected.  Let's try the website again with a different browser.  Oh look, website can't be reached.  Please clear your cookies.

This isn't the first time it's happened with their website.  There always seems to be an issue when I try to log from different browsers, computers, even the mobile app.  Grrr!

R.I.P Cards 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: US Bank website = UGH! Can they update to at least the early 2k's?

Technically your issue is with the merchant's website.

And considering that you've two similar  occurrences within minutes from each other, it's not beyond a real of possibility that this was related to your network/devices. 

While US Bank is not exactly the teach leader, accessibility of their website (or app) has never been an issue for me, outside of scheduled maintenance down times. 

🎵 If at first you don't succeed 
Dust yourself off, and try again🎵

Message 2 of 14
RootDet
Established Contributor

US Bank has been pretty solid for me, but it is designed in a way to be annoying for sure.

Message 3 of 14
VPExecutive
Frequent Contributor

@DoogieBall wrote:

This just me ranting.  I decided to take advantage of the 5% categories and do some post winter online shopping.  Picked out all the items and checkout time.  Put in all the info and pressed purchase.  I was greeted with the spinning wheel for at least 3 minutes.  I know this because I went into the kitchen to make coffee.  When I came back it was still on the purchase screen.  Hmmm?  Not wanting to get double charged, I opened another tab and went to the US Bank website to see if the charge went through. 

Well, okay.  I certainly will.  So after going through the various menus (I also checked my balance and it was $0) I finally get to the choice of speaking to a CSR.  Maybe I was impatient but I waited about 5 minutes before the call was disconnected.  Let's try the website again with a different browser.  Oh look, website can't be reached.  Please clear your cookies.

This isn't the first time it's happened with their website.  There always seems to be an issue when I try to log from different browsers, computers, even the mobile app.  Grrr!

Would have to agree. The only useful product U.S Bank has is their Altitude card... Everything else is beat by another financial instution/brokerage account. 

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@VPExecutive wrote:

@DoogieBall wrote:

Would have to agree. The only useful product U.S Bank has is their Altitude card... Everything else is beat by another financial instution/brokerage account. 

Who beats the Cash+? And the 365 is one of the only cards in existence that still has price protection. 

As for the OP, I used to be a US Bank customer and their website was always solid, just extremely dated. Maintenance usually happened in the very early morning hours and didn't last long. I'm going to agree with Remedios that your internet may be the issue since you had issues with the merchant website never finishing the load and the second attempt to get to US Bank was met with a connection error instead of a maintenance one. It's incredibly rare for a website of a major bank to go offline completely but it's not so rare for a consumer level internet connection to be on the fritz. 

Message 5 of 14
VPExecutive
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@VPExecutive wrote:

@DoogieBall wrote:

Who beats the Cash+? And the 365 is one of the only cards in existence that still has price protection. 

As for the OP, I used to be a US Bank customer and their website was always solid, just extremely dated. Maintenance usually happened in the very early morning hours and didn't last long. I'm going to agree with Remedios that your internet may be the issue since you had issues with the merchant website never finishing the load and the second attempt to get to US Bank was met with a connection error instead of a maintenance one. It's incredibly rare for a website of a major bank to go offline completely but it's not so rare for a consumer level internet connection to be on the fritz. 

The Chase Freedom is better than the Cash plus because it earns UR points that are worth more than 2cpp if you know what you're doing. 

Pretty much all of U.S Bank's  products are mediocre besides the Cash+ and Altitude. 

Message 6 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@VPExecutive wrote:

The Chase Freedom is better than the Cash plus because it earns UR points that are worth more than 2cpp if you know what you're doing. 

Pretty much all of U.S Bank's  products are mediocre besides the Cash+ and Altitude. 

If the Freedom categories (chosen by Chase) meet your spending.   The ability to choose with Cash+ can be a big advantage, so Freedom is not clearly better.  Plus you earn on $1,500 spend with Freedom vs $2000 with Cash+

But anyway, good to see you have now doubled your list of somewhat OK US Bank cards!

Message 7 of 14
DoogieBall
Regular Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Technically your issue is with the merchant's website.

And considering that you've two similar  occurrences within minutes from each other, it's not beyond a real of possibility that this was related to your network/devices. 

While US Bank is not exactly the teach leader, accessibility of their website (or app) has never been an issue for me, outside of scheduled maintenance down times. 

🎵 If at first you don't succeed 
Dust yourself off, and try again🎵

I hope that's all it was.  Just odd that any other banking site I went to didn't exhibit the same behaviour within the same time frame.  I had a working paypal tab open while trying to get on US Bank.  I'll reset the router to make sure.

R.I.P Cards 

Message 8 of 14
Green456
Established Contributor

@DoogieBall wrote:

My issue with them is not their website. It is their mobile app. Every time I log in, it notifies me via dedicated pop out window that my previous session was logged out for security reason. This feels so 1999... Chase and BoA had similar issues but they updated their apps. PenFed doesn't think it is an issue and my membership with them was terminated. Long story short. I keep my US bank checking account only to deposit my credit card rewards and immediately transfer to BofA.

Message 9 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I can't even save my pay from account information.  I have to put it in every single time to pay my auto note which USBank has.  Web / mobile doesn't matter.  Yes I could autopay but not what I want and I have that issue with none of my other FIs.

Just saying USBank as a financial institution if it isn't your home bank, from a technology perspective, meh.

        
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.