Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank website/app

tag
Andypanda
Established Contributor

US Bank website/app

Is it just me, or isThe US bank website user unfriendly? compared to  Discvoer, Citi and Cap1, US Bank just seems to be a pain in the neck to deal with online. Just my feeling YMMV. Guess this is just a minor vent.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank website/app

The websiter is terrible. The app is somewhat better

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Andypanda wrote:

Is it just me, or isThe US bank website user unfriendly? compared to  Discvoer, Citi and Cap1, US Bank just seems to be a pain in the neck to deal with online. Just my feeling YMMV. Guess this is just a minor vent.

Works well for me. Never a problem. Now their app like many is not as responsive sometimes. One thing I really like is they don't have all the cutsie stuff (I hate cutsie stuff) that for me adds nothing. Quick and easy ... They have been upgrading their systems for the last year and changes have been slowly coming. The new CEO is investing heavily in technology so more enhancements are likely.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The app is better and easy to use (user-friendly)

Message 4 of 8
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

What makes the website user un-friendly. I use the website and don't really have any issues with it at all. Yeah, it's outdated compared to the bigger banks, but it does everything I need it to.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

With their website  have a hard time determing due dates, credit limit , payments and it is  just very outdated

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

With their website  have a hard time determing due dates, credit limit , payments and it is  just very outdated

The information you may be looking for is a "click" on the credit card or loan and it brings up a second menu with due dates, credit limits, payment amounts. Some of the customer service items like credit limit increases may require a telephone call (revolving limits) and I cannot obtain new products off of their website (some of you can - why I can't I have no idea so I have to go into a branch which is a pain). It is like the Chase website used to be. As I mentioned in another post, US Bank engaged the services of a new CEO who right out of the chute is focusing heavily on US Bank's technology and is driving to bring the back and front ends of IT technology into the modern world so it is likely there will be more changes going forward.

Message 7 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

My biggest pet peeve is in the website and app both is that it's not clear at all that there is autopay enabled: USBank picked up my auto loan.

Also there is no record of an autopay attempt until it actually fully clears, and this may be days later.

The statement is the only place it shows up that I can see, fortunately one thing the mobile app does absolutely right is the statement is front and center on the account info page: tap the box, select the statement, uber clear and two taps FTW.

That said on the autopay I was worried that it was missed and after my JCB snafu I even called into USBank’s support, which I virtually never do with any institution let alone a bank... I double-tapped the loan as a result, now curious what the autopay will with a $0 monthly bill

Ultimately It worked, but it was confusing to me and apparently the CSR too. Wasn’t a great first look TBH; however, all is well that ends well but unfortunately the app/website does look like it is almost a decade out of date: even DCU finally got theirs updated which is saying something.

        
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.