cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank withdraw money without notice

US Bank withdraw money without notice

So I went to the bank during lunch yesterday withdrew $2000. Got the cash but the teller only debited $200 from my account a $1,800 mistake. Woke up to the money still there and during lunch checked my account again and they had done a “check” withdrawal for the $1,800. Can they remove money without notifying me? Technically signed for $200 on the receipt but was given $2,000
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: US Bank withdraw money without notice

Banks remove money frequently without notifying the consumer, ie overdraft fees etc. 

It shouldn’t be an issue right? In your case, it’s literally their money. The teller simply made an error. 

AMEX PLATINUM, DELTA PLATINUM, DELTA RESERVE & SPG | PenFed PR | NFCU FS | Discover IT | CAP1 VENTURE | NORDSTROM VS l LOWES I MACYS I WAYFAIR I
Message 2 of 5
Community Leader
Super Contributor

You got $2000, correct? So , even by mistake of teller, they got the rest of their money. Cant claim you only got $200 even if the receipt says so. I wouldnt want to mess up my relationship with the bank over something you had to know was a mistake.
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@Jb8296 wrote:
So I went to the bank during lunch yesterday withdrew $2000. Got the cash but the teller only debited $200 from my account a $1,800 mistake. Woke up to the money still there and during lunch checked my account again and they had done a “check” withdrawal for the $1,800. Can they remove money without notifying me? Technically signed for $200 on the receipt but was given $2,000

Yes, the bank is allowed to correct the error.

...and if the error had gone the other way, you'd WANT them to...

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...

Message 4 of 5
Valued Contributor

Act like the whole thing never happened and leave it alone. You have your correct amount of money, and their books are now straight.

Total Credit: $218,900Utilization: 1%AAoA: 5yrs, 5mthsInstallments: Car Lease, Marcus LoanBaddies: 0On Chop Block: Nobody NA

DSC-27.1K | NFC-25K | ALI-25k | WAL-10k | BoA-22k | BB-12k | NFL-15k | LOW-35k | AMX-19.3k | CHA-10k | PF-8.8k | C-DC-9.7k
Message 5 of 5