Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Senate FCU (USSFCU)

tag
Mellon
Established Contributor

US Senate FCU (USSFCU)

Anyone a member or have any feedback on this CU and it's credit products? Seems easy to join but not sure its a HP or SP. Rates seem decent

18 REPLIES 18
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: US Senate FCU (USSFCU)

never heard of them before. I wonder if @M_Smart007 knows!

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007  there is a pending question for you? We "up for all day" yet? Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous& @1GaDawg85 

I don't currently hold a seatSmiley Very Happy

To be very honest, I have never heard of them?

Message 4 of 19
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Mellon wrote:

Anyone a member or have any feedback on this CU and it's credit products? Seems easy to join but not sure its a HP or SP. Rates seem decent

I've never heard of this CU.

Being a senator  I would've thought someone would tell me!!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mellon wrote:

I'm with the Congressional Federal Credit Union which is located on Capitol Hill.  They have a branch I think it was in Cannon House Bldg down in the basement.    Joined when I was working with a Member of the House of Rep's.   I'm sure they are probably like them.  I joined way back in the late 1990's.  I don't believe they ran chex systems at the time.  I just recently applied for a credit card with them.   They don't like Bk's or collections on your credit report.  I forgot who they pulled it was either EQ or EX.  I'm in GA.  The credit card isn't anything to brag about.  I only applied for it because I was going to close the account down because I rarely use it.  I said if they deny me for the credit card that would be the icing on the cake for me to close the account.  Well they approved me so I kept it open.  lol    

Message 6 of 19
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Mellon wrote:

Well I just did some research, and learned that

-you can join them expensively through the US Capital Historical Society ($65)

-you can join them cheaply through American Consumer Council -- Virginia Chapter (Free using code USSFCU)

-there's a hard pull for membership

-there's another hard pull for a credit application, even if it's immediately after joining

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 7 of 19
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@Mellon wrote:

Senator of what??? 😂 🤣 😂 

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are chex sensitive. If you had 4 to 6 in a year, your chances of getting membership approved is slim. Same goes with UNFCU(soft pull EQ for membership) as well. This is from my experience applying for these CUs early this year. I guess I member of atleast 20 CUs ( lost count!!)

Message 9 of 19
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@Mellon wrote:

Senator of what??? 😂 🤣 😂 

I misspoke. It's senator to be!

Mr Mojo Risin 2022

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.