cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Auto Insurance - can I insure my wife?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA Auto Insurance - can I insure my wife?

She's not on my USAA account but can I add her to it, w/ out getting her a membership as well?

Thx

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: USAA Auto Insurance - can I insure my wife?

Should be able to yes.

I added my son. Try to add driver via your insurance policy info.

Message 2 of 8
Appleman
Valued Contributor

She is eligible to be a member by marriage if you are a member.

Also, is it a policy just for her or a family policy?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Appleman wrote:

I have a motorcycle, wife would be on her own car.  Guess I can just get her a membership if I cant add her own policy through myself lol. 

Message 4 of 8
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Appleman wrote:

I have a motorcycle, wife would be on her own car.  Guess I can just get her a membership if I cant add her own policy through myself lol. 

You can add the car to your policy and set her as the driver.. 

Message 5 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Appleman wrote:

Guess I'm confused why you wouldn't want her to have a membership directly? Smiley Happy

        
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Appleman wrote:

Guess I'm confused why you wouldn't want her to have a membership directly? Smiley Happy

Additional Login info etc.  I handle all of our finances (not by choice).  We have personal accounts with 3 credit unions each, multiple banks each, about 50+ credit cards between the two of us from at least 3-8 companies off the top of my head (amex, discover, citi, chase, barclay, cap one +store cards banana republic, GAP, old navy, nordstrom, amazon) ...

I have a million things to do and juggling an extra login (i dont trust password keepers) as well as thousands of sales transactions and shipping + accounting/inventory management  and 200k+ in PO's a month, while watching a newborn during the day and sleeping 3 hours a day my brain doesnt mind efficiency if possible.

Message 7 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Appleman wrote:

Additional Login info etc.  I handle all of our finances (not by choice).  We have personal accounts with 3 credit unions each, multiple banks each, about 50+ credit cards between the two of us from at least 3-8 companies off the top of my head (amex, discover, citi, chase, barclay, cap one +store cards banana republic, GAP, old navy, nordstrom, amazon) ...

I have a million things to do and juggling an extra login (i dont trust password keepers) as well as thousands of sales transactions and shipping + accounting/inventory management  and 200k+ in PO's a month, while watching a newborn during the day and sleeping 3 hours a day my brain doesnt mind efficiency if possible.

I deal with an extra login with Amex for my AU... the user name is just a couple of letters different from my own, and the password is the same that I use for my 'primary' login.  Easy peasy.

As far as USAA insurance goes, reach out to them for advice on how to do the policy... they are used to spouses dealing with insurance for each other and I'm sure they will be able to advise you on the best (cheapest and simplest) way to go about it.  It's possible that for her to be covered she'll have to get a member number anyway (not sure about that; again you'll need to talk to them).

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.