Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA secure CC (after 2 year Contract)

tag
codehavoc
Regular Contributor

USAA secure CC (after 2 year Contract)

Just looking for some good advice on what to do with the deposit money (1,000). It's in a CD Account. Debating on if I should just leave it there or take it out abs put it somewhere else. And if I do put it somewhere else, what would you advise?

Starting Score: Equifax 582 Experian 610 Transunion 620
Current Score: Equifax 693 Experian 751 Transunion 739
Goal Score: Equifax 730 Experian 750 Transunion 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
codehavoc
Regular Contributor

Re: USAA secure CC (after 2 year Contract)

anybody? Dont be shy

Message 2 of 7
keithB
Established Contributor

I think the problem is not understanding what you are trying to do.   Are you getting rid of your USAA secured card? Once you cash in your CD, there goes your secure card.

And if you are okay with that, you want to invest the money or get a different secure card?  If you want another secured card, go with BoA, Capital One, Discover, AMEX, or a CU.  If you want to invest the money, this really isn't a website for that but you can always send it to me and I'll pay you 15% by this time next year, haha Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 7
codehavoc
Regular Contributor

Haha I was thinking about getting rid of the card because it doesn't graduate into an unsecured card. And I was just wondering what other people did after the 2 year contract. I don't want another secure card because I already have 7 unsecured cards.

Message 4 of 7
compassion101
Established Contributor

How high of a risk are you looking to take? Is it okay if you lose all or most of it with the flip side of the coin being a nice gain? Do you want something you are actively involved in or just passive?

Message 5 of 7
codehavoc
Regular Contributor

what risk Compassion101, when the 2 years is up i get my deposit back or i can leave it in a CD account.

Message 6 of 7
compassion101
Established Contributor

@codehavoc wrote:

what risk Compassion101, when the 2 years is up i get my deposit back or i can leave it in a CD account.

From what you wrote, I thought you were getting rid of the secured card and trying to decide if to keep it in the cd or invest it somewhere else. That's why I was asking about what your risk level was for that money.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.