Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unify FCU - Loan Application/Approval Experience

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unify FCU - Loan Application/Approval Experience

I don't see a lot of information on here about Unify FCU so I thought I would post mine.  I had some unexpected expenses on my home and my 0% BT offers were expiring so I applied for a CC during my latest app/cli spree, it was denied for debt to income, not surprised.  My EX 08 was 683, but they use the EX mortgage and that was 711.

A representative called me and we talked about why I wanted another CC and he then told me about their debt consolidation loan.  Since they use the same HP for 7 days, I went ahead and let him submit the application to see how competitive they are.  Was approved for up to $50k, up to 60 months @ 11.75% no fees, no pre-payment penalties.  There is a .25% rate reduction if I have payments automatically withdrawn from their CC or Savings.  A couple of more points and I would have been bumped to the next tier but I didn't want to risk another pull.  He also submitted a refinance for my car to see if they could lower the rate.  I don't have that much longer on the loan and didn't really want the hassle to move it from PenFed, they did come in lower by just .50% so it's staying put.  They were pretty aggressive trying to get everything moved over to them.

The bummer - they pay the creditors directly via check, which is way too slow, considering the online lenders deposit it directly to your checking account and I can push payments quicker.  Lending also wanted me to close my NFCU LOC - ummm, no way on this planet that was going to happen.  I told the rep as much, he went back to lending and they agreed that I can keep it open.

Overall, not a bad experience, but it appears they are very conserative and look closely at debt to income. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: Unify FCU - Loan Application/Approval Experience

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I have a checking and saving with Unify and opened a large LOC with them. I actually applied for a CC and LOC at the same time and they said I could have one or the other but not both (at that time).

Their website is not quite as fancy but for banking out of state they have been very easy to work with...

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

how much do you think they wanted the debt to income be? 35% or greater is high for me?

Did they ask for POI?

On auto refinancing, what rate did you get with 711EX Mortgage score?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing your experience.  A year ago I applied for their variable cc and loc in branch to show poi pay stubs. At first they approved me for a $15,000 limit on one or the other too.  After I asked, they let me allocate 10,000 to the cc and 5,000 to the loc, but I don't know if that is their standard practice or I got lucky.  They were strict on not going over $15,000 total; they had a chart that determines the max limit they were willing to give with income being the biggest factor.

I almost got denied due to length of employment. The bank manager said they like to see at least 2 years at your current job, but they let me slide because I had worked 8 years at my prior job.

Stats at time of app:  fico pulled was 787, income $70,000, and 2% utilization (AZEO).

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.