cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UpStart pulled TU and EQ (different times) Question on FICO8 Scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

UpStart pulled TU and EQ (different times) Question on FICO8 Scores?

Hi All,

I checked the prequal with UpStart and they attempted to pull TU in February, but all 3 were frozen and that was the reason in the letter I received immediately after notifying me.

I did it again this morning after unfreezing all 3 and they pulled EQ (soft pull).  In the letter immediately after, I received this:

So, this is interesting.  I did a prequal with UpStart this morning and this time they pulled EQ...I had EQ and EX frozen last time but EQ is not frozen so I wonder if that's why they pulled it instead of TU again?

Name: Equifax
Address: P.O. Box 740241 Atlanta, GA 30374-0241
Telephone number: 1-800-685-1111

Your credit score: 731
Date: 2019-03-02

So, my question is do they pull FICO8 from EQ?  The reason I ask is because my CK score is 731, the exact same number.  I don't go by those scores, only to view my reports, and alerts to any changes, etc.  I am just wondering if that is a big coincidence or if they dont pull FICO8 for EQ?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: UpStart pulled TU and EQ (different times) Question on FICO8 Scores?

If you try and see what you qualify for but have frozen or locked bureaus, you will be denied as you seen. They will pull what is available so its always best to unlock or freeze your reports if you are unsure which bureau will be used. Should be no hp if its just for finding out your offers, usually stated by them before hand.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
If you try and see what you qualify for but have frozen or locked bureaus, you will be denied as you seen. They will pull what is available so its always best to unlock or freeze your reports if you are unsure which bureau will be used. Should be no hp if its just for finding out your offers, usually stated by them before hand.
Correct. I am just trying to find out if they pull FICO8 for EQ. I find it to be a big coincidence that my EQ they pulled and my CK EQ are both 731...
Message 3 of 5
joltdude
Senior Contributor

CK has nothing to do with FICO scores... they are FAKO scores and use Vantage... Completely different calculation that doesn't always mesh with any form of FICO...

-J

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

CK has nothing to do with FICO scores... they are FAKO scores and use Vantage... Completely different calculation that doesn't always mesh with any form of FICO...

-J

Correct. I understand that. Let me be more precise in my question:

My CK updated yesterday and my TU is 740 and my EQ is 731. This mornings prequal through UpStart pulled EQ and shows my score being 731. Is this a true FICO8 from UpStart?

I am trying to see if they are pulling a true FICO8 or something else?

If they are pulling a FICO8, then it's just a coincidence that the 731 EQ shows on CK at the same time. I've never had that happen before which is why I am curious and I didn't expect my EQ FICO8 to be 731 and I am not really sure it is.  I'll just have to buy my updated EQ so I can find out 100% for sure.  I know CK scores mean nothing at all.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.