Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating income question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Updating income question

When updating income on credit card websites, would my fiances income also be considered as part of my income?

We are obviously not married yet but her paychecks are deposited into my account when she is paid.

Obviously if proof is requested would I just fax the company both of our W2's, or should I only claim my own W2 income?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Updating income question

I would say if she will be paying for part of the charges then you can include it. It used to be credit card companies asked for household income, however, that has changed. Now it is income from all sources that will be used for repayment on this card, which could include rent, dividends, interest, etc. My understanding is you can only include others income if you are over 21, part of the card act stated for those under 21 they must prove they are able to make the payments independently 

Message 2 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Personally I'd wait till married to try to claim any sort of income from another individual.

Really doesn't have much bearing anyway for anyone around the median income in America currently, limits outstripping annual ain't no big thing though that could and likely will change in the future.

        
Message 3 of 5
QUAILMAN

Not positive on the true answer to your question, but I don't think it hurts to include her income.  I always round up quite a bit when answering that question.  Worst case scenario they ask you for proof and you give up.

Want: Chase Freedom Unlimited | Citi Double Cash

Have: Chase Freedom (8,700) | Discover IT (5,500) | AmEx Everyday (8,000) | CapitalOne Quicksilver (4,250) | BarclayCard (8,000) | Banana Republic (2,200)
Total Limit: 36,650
Message 4 of 5
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Relevate, I always enjoy your posts. I am curious why you think large open credit lines that are multiple times income will likely go away? Is this you educated opinion or have you read something about restricting limits? (Or did I mis-interpet your post?)

I do get curious when people have many times their annual income in open credit lines. From an investment standpoint it seems risky.

Like many here, I do have more than my annual income in open credit lines. It is nice to know if I do need to carry a balance for a month it would not completely tank my utilization.

More importantly, what would you recommend people do if you forsee a credit market that contracts (meaning limits start getting slashed)?

By the way, I hope the sky is not falling!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.