cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Signature CC - Sometimes you have to wonder.

tag
CCrew
Regular Contributor

Upgrade Signature CC - Sometimes you have to wonder.

Have to wonder what's going on in the financial markets...

Had an Upgrade Signature CC, never used it beyond once when we did a pay over time on a couple of e-Bikes. Paid it off almost immediately and sock drawered it. Funny too that they just sent a message not more than a week or so ago preapproved for some new card they were offering.

Got an AA this afternoon that they dropped the SL from $5000 to $3400.

What made me go "huh" though was at the time this partucular line was opened my FICO was more than 50 points lower because of UTIL. Across Dec - January paid off virtually every penny I owe barring a truck and RV payment and I put near $40k to them. Not even AZEO on revolvers right now, actually AZ. It did however not show as a revolver with the CRA's, it showed as a Consumer line of credit at the so it wasn't even helping.

Reasons for AA:

1: My FICO score is 761

2: Inconsistent trend in payment amounts of bank issued credit cards. (Yeah, i've rarely been AZ!)

3: Proportion of bank-issued credit card balances to all balances is too low ( Yeah, I guess zero is pretty darned low!)

Thought is that I'm not a good target for high interest any more?

Called and politely closed that one. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
C6
Regular Contributor

Re: Upgrade Signature CC - Sometimes you have to wonder.

I think this company is having trouble. I posted a few weeks ago that they will start charging a 5% fee to access cash. This will make the card useless and I'll likely cancel it.

Message 2 of 6
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

I'm calling in the morning to cancel my Upgrade Visa. I never use it, and have been thinking about closing it for months.

They seem to have significantly shortened their Customer Service number hours, and when I called at the decently-early hour of 6:05 PM West Coast time, they were already closed. 

FICO 8 (3/1/24) EX 805 EQ 824 TU 844
FICO 9 (2/17/24) EX 821 EQ 778TU 850
I practice AZEO - NEVER above 1% utilization across all cards.

Current lineup as of 9/23
American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 11K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 10K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 3K I Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 20K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 15K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 4K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I
Message 3 of 6
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

No CLD or AA on my Upgrade account at all but I've been meaning to close it anyway. I called this morning. Got right through and closed it. 

FICO 8 (3/1/24) EX 805 EQ 824 TU 844
FICO 9 (2/17/24) EX 821 EQ 778TU 850
I practice AZEO - NEVER above 1% utilization across all cards.

Current lineup as of 9/23
American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 11K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 10K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 3K I Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 20K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 15K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 4K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I
Message 4 of 6
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

@CCrew  The article in the link below may to explain why the credit limit decrease happened

https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/what-to-do-if-your-credit-limit-decreases/ 

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 5 of 6
CCrew
Regular Contributor

Thanks, but if you look this appears to be an Upgrade thing across a broad swath of people with good credit. I'm far from caring about them. Account is closed. I have near 150k in available credit, $0 owed on any revolving account and certainly don't need them. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.