cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using CCs to pay bills (for rewards)...

tag
securingourfuture
Established Contributor

Re: Using CCs to pay bills (for rewards)...

I do it, but there is no fee.  I pay Directv, Verizon Wireless, Comcast, and myFICO :-) with my CC.  I also pay for my children's day care on my card, and pay the bill off each month (and I am on flex spending - YESSSSS).

8/22/18: BK7 filed EXP 490 TU 430 EQ 429
11/28/18: BK7 discharged EXP 586 TU 578 EQ 527
06/08/21: EXP 656 TU 643 EQ 701
Message 11 of 21
compassion101
Established Contributor

I pay my cell phone, cable, satellite radio, gym, netflix, itunes, ezpass, and vps server every month from CCs with no fee. Don't pay mortgage, electric, student loan, car, or insurance because either can't or due to fees. Hope that helps.

Message 12 of 21
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

I have as many bills possible Auto routed through my Cap One QS WMC, the sole purpose of this card

Insurance

Cable Bills

Cell Phone

Netflix

Newspaper/Magazine Subs

Sirius XM Radios Subs

Gym Memberships 

Parking Lease 

NJTransit Monthly Pass 

AVG Renewals 

Microsoft 365 Renewal

Best Buy, Geek Squad Renewal

TiVO Renewal  

I also pay my Gas and Electric through this card ... Same company, charges no CC fees, but doesn't offer Auto Pay to CCs, only Checking debit. So I have to go every month to the site and make payment.. At least the Site stores the CC info, so I don't have to keep entering it. 

I gain ~200 a year CB with just paying my bills on this Card. 

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

I have as many bills possible Auto routed through my Cap One QS WMC, the sole purpose of this card

Insurance

Cable Bills

Cell Phone

Netflix

Newspaper/Magazine Subs

Sirius XM Radios Subs

Gym Memberships 

Parking Lease 

NJTransit Monthly Pass 

AVG Renewals 

Microsoft 365 Renewal

TiVO Renewal  

I also pay my Gas and Electric through this card ... Same company, charges no CC fees, but doesn't offer Auto Pay to CCs, only Checking debit. So I have to go every month to the site and make payment.. At least the Site stores the CC info, so I don't have to keep entering it. 

Nice! Have you considered a 2% cashbac card?

Message 14 of 21
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

The only bills that have fees for me are: water, electricity, gas bill. I pay Everything else with CC and some areas you can pay those bills with CCs too.

I just treat my CCs as debit and get the rewards afterward. it dose add up!

Message 15 of 21
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

If you have jnk plus or ink cash telephone,internet ,cell phone ,and Netflix should go on that card 5x or 5% cash back is pretty good

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't ever reach for my debit card, i haven't handed it out in over a year since I found this forum. 

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:
If you have jnk plus or ink cash telephone,internet ,cell phone ,and Netflix should go on that card 5x or 5% cash back is pretty good

Woah netflix is included in the 5x categories for ink cash?

Message 18 of 21
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

Insurance

Cable Bills

Cell Phone

Netflix

Newspaper/Magazine Subs

Sirius XM Radios Subs

Gym Memberships 

Parking Lease 

NJTransit Monthly Pass 

AVG Renewals 

Microsoft 365 Renewal

TiVO Renewal  

I don't have as many monthly bills as you, but I use my Quicksilver for most, but my Barclays Rewards MC gives me 2% on utilities (and gas & groceries), so the electric bill (no fee for CC) goes on Barclays. My home + 1 car insurance is with American Family & goes on QS. My other newer car insurance is Geico and no CC fees there either.

The other thing I've done is for the last 2 years is get a new CC with spend bonus in the fall, when I face the largest bills: filling the propane tank, insurance, property taxes. This Oct I went for Cap One Spark Select biz card, $200 bonus for $3k spend in 3 months. Paid AmFam & Geico in full, propane, and property taxes (small 2.5% for that), and met the spend bonus in 40 days. I don't have a super high income, so timing helps on those spend bonuses.

Message 19 of 21
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@CYBERSAM wrote:

The only bills that have fees for me are: water, electricity, gas bill. I pay Everything else with CC and some areas you can pay those bills with CCs too.

I just treat my CCs as debit and get the rewards afterward. it dose add up!

Sometimes you gotta be creative - do any of those accept PayPal? I have a couple bills that charge a fee for paying with a CC or don't accept a CC but do accept PayPal, so I pay with PayPal and select my CC on file with them for payment instead of PayPal Credit.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.