Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon closes loophole for Auto Pay discount

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Verizon closes loophole for Auto Pay discount

Well, T-Mobile has also Auto Pay discount and I usually use my QuickSilver for it, so maybe its time to just look other places to pay your bill Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 33
iced
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, T-Mobile has also Auto Pay discount and I usually use my QuickSilver for it, so maybe its time to just look other places to pay your bill Smiley Happy

Knowing what I know about the network infrastructures within T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon, and Comcast, I'll stick with Verizon and eat the $60/year.

Message 22 of 33
OmarR
Established Contributor

@Felony_Phil wrote:
My plan just renewed and I still get the $5/ month discount for autopay. Soooo it may be that it's no longer available to new lines opened after a certain date.

I have been with them for 20 years and I also got cut off, so it's not that.

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 23 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iced wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Knowing what I know about the network infrastructures within T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon, and Comcast, I'll stick with Verizon and eat the $60/year.

I don’t blame you. I have Xfinity Mobile which runs on VZ and if they ever shut my service off, I’m not going to have a choice but to find another provider who uses VZ’s network. I had T-Mobile before through Mint and I was happy but VZ’s signal is miles stronger indoors. 

Message 24 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@iced wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don’t blame you. I have Xfinity Mobile which runs on VZ and if they ever shut my service off, I’m not going to have a choice but to find another provider who uses VZ’s network. I had T-Mobile before through Mint and I was happy but VZ’s signal is miles stronger indoors. 

Hmm, Xfinity Mobile...as in Comcast Xfinity?

If so, Comcast and At&t have merged. Why would their Xfinity Mobile data run off the Verizon network?

Message 25 of 33
Lurker22
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@iced wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If so, Comcast and At&t have merged. Why would their Xfinity Mobile data run off the Verizon network?

sorry but that's not correct, AT&T and Comcast are still 2 very seperate companies and aren't even close to merging 

Comcast obtained rights to use VZW's network years ago when they sold spectrum to VZW - Comcast is using those rights to rollout their own mobile service, ATT is using their own network because - afterall they are there own company with seperate shareholders and nothing at all to do with Comcast (you couldn't have 2 companies compete more than Comcast & ATT, Comcast owns Mobile, Cable Channels, Universal, etc. ATT owns Mobile, Land Line, Cable Channels etc) 

Message 26 of 33
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@Lurker22 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@iced wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

sorry but that's not correct, AT&T and Comcast are still 2 very seperate companies and aren't even close to merging 

Comcast obtained rights to use VZW's network years ago when they sold spectrum to VZW - Comcast is using those rights to rollout their own mobile service, ATT is using their own network because - afterall they are there own company with seperate shareholders and nothing at all to do with Comcast (you couldn't have 2 companies compete more than Comcast & ATT, Comcast owns Mobile, Cable Channels, Universal, etc. ATT owns Mobile, Land Line, Cable Channels etc) 

100% Right there is no and never will be a Comcast AT&T merger.   FCC and DOJ would never allow it. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 27 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, geeze. It's At&T and DirecTV that I'm thinking of! Mixed up Comcast and DirecTV.
So Xfinity using Verizon stuff makes so much more sense now. lol

Can you guys tell who doesn't bother to get cable? Smiley Very Happy haha
Message 28 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

100% Right there is no and never will be a Comcast AT&T merger.   FCC and DOJ would never allow it. 

To be fair, Comcast did purchase AT&T Broadband for about $70B to create the behemoth we have today Smiley Very Happy

Message 29 of 33
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

Some coworkers and I were reminiscing about how it used to be one big company (Ma Bell) that the government deemed to be a monopoly back in the 80's, so they forced a split into a bunch of regional entities (Baby Bells).  Now it seems that the Bell's are trying to remerge into a Big Daddy Bell!  Smiley Very Happy

Anyway, Verizon introduced new plans last week.  I did an analysis, and it ends up saving me $50 / month by switching, keeping everything the same except I lose hotspot (which we rarely used).  The biggest difference is that they now discount the pricing by raising the "autopay and paperless" discount.  It went from $5 to $10 per phone line which makes this loophole even more drastic.

I really liked having my phone insurance through my Uber card, but raising the cost of the phone bill by $50 just doesn't justify it at the moment.

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.