Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon questions

tag
zerbherb
Established Contributor

Verizon questions

Which credit bueru do they like to pull. 

Would they charge me a activation fee with my profile.

Low 700's across the board. 20k of income as a student. 454 $ of credit card debt but thatst taking advantage of zero apr so it doesn't matter.

I am looking to go onto my own plan. Because my siblings keep on making us have data overages and i know how much data i use.

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: Verizon questions

@zerbherb wrote:

Low 700's across the board. 20k of income as a student. 454 $ of credit card debt but thatst taking advantage of zero apr so it doesn't matter.

I am looking to go onto my own plan. Because my siblings keep on making us have data overages and i know how much data i use.

According to the credit pulls database from the site of which we may not speak, it appears that they pull all three, presumably based on where you live.  It also indicates a significant number of Experian pulls, followed by Equifax, then Transunion. 

Your best bet would be to ask them.  Since the last sentence indicates you are already a customer, there may be no pull at all.  My daughter is on my family plan, and the contract expires in Feb/2016; they told us all she would need to do is call and switch to her own plan, since she's been on my plan for years, with no credit pull.  However, she's not planning to buy a new phone, just start her own plan, so this could change presumably if she's going to buy a phone. 

As with everything creditwise, YMMV. 

Message 2 of 5
gizmotchy
Valued Member

Don't know what bureau they pulled for me, but with scores in the 700 club, I highly doubt you'll have a deposit or anything.  When I got my Verizon account a few years ago, I would have been in low 600 range, with many charge-offs and collections still on my record, and I had no deposit to start off with. YMMV, of course.  I think a lot depends on whether you go to a Verizon corporate store, or an authorized retailer too.

Beginning Scores 5/10/2014: EX 604, EQ 587, TU 658 Current 11/9/2015: EQ 665 TU 665 (FAKO) EX 659 (FAKO)
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zerbherb wrote:

I opened my account with Verizon in 2013 with a Credit score in the low 500's - No deposit needed.
AT&T was requiring me to pay a $500 deposit.

As far as activation fee's go, unless you go with the Verizon Edge plan (Where you pay retail for the phone as you age your account), you're going to pay a $35 activation fee. Unless you happen to work for a company that pays the fee for you.

No clue what Credit bureau they pull from.

Message 4 of 5
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

As to whether or not you will be required to have a deposit usually is because you've defaulted on telephones before.. if not, usually, you should be fine and be approved for whatever you would like providing you can pay for it. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.