Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very nice personal loan thru Discover!

tag
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Very nice personal loan thru Discover!

I was out of work having shoulder surgery from early April thru Mid May.  While I was off, I was looking thru my finances/debt & wanting to consolidate some CC debt into a loan.  Wouldn't ya know...there in my mailbox was loan info from Discover (I have their IT card).  Things looked pretty good on paper, so I decided to give them a call & see what they could do for me.

I got $18k at 9% for 5 years!  2 of the cards I paid off were at around 16%.  This is much better!  Paid OFF one & nearly paid off 2 others.  I was very happy with the terms.  They pulled all 3 reports & my FICOS were between 745 & 759.

So...today I got my 3 reports here.  I know it isn't a "true" reflection of where I sit, but it's fun to see nonetheless.  These numbers reflect the payments on those cards, but not the new loan! Smiley Very Happy

6.6 FICOS.PNG

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Very nice personal loan thru Discover!

Beautiful...

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent! Congratulations!

Message 3 of 6
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Thanks!!  I was very surprised to get that rate for an unsecured loan! 

I guess I could have called that post: When is a FICO a FAKO??  hahahaha

Message 4 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@BungalowMo wrote:

Sweet approval Mo!

If you got the 3B report, would you mind checking the scores Discover gave you on the approval with the other ones in the report?  If you got three scores it sounds suspiciously like a tri-merge pull, the one (and likely scores) that get used for mortgages, but it'd be nice to try to nail down their underwriting for future use.

ETA: Aw saw the credit cards had posted for your new score, might skew things anyway Smiley Happy.

        
Message 5 of 6
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@BungalowMo wrote:

Sweet approval Mo!

If you got the 3B report, would you mind checking the scores Discover gave you on the approval with the other ones in the report?  If you got three scores it sounds suspiciously like a tri-merge pull, the one (and likely scores) that get used for mortgages, but it'd be nice to try to nail down their underwriting for future use.

ETA: Aw saw the credit cards had posted for your new score, might skew things anyway Smiley Happy.

Revelate....Discover never gave me the scores they pulled, but...I'd gotten all 3 here on 5/9 which was about the day of the loan pull. 

I had EQ - 757   TU - 755  EX - 749

I totally get that those high scores above are very skewed!  I knew they would be.  I sort of did it for fun, just to see where I'd be if I didn't have that debt!  LOL!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.