Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very serious personal matter

tag
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

Re: Very serious personal matter

Hello,

Sorry that you are having to step up and be the man of the house. I am assuming that you are still young (under 25ish).  I looked into some of your past posts and it looks like you have had some issues with budgeting etc for a while now.

Would you be able to be an Uber/Lyft driver for secondary income? If I read this correctly, you have two vehicles? Both have a loan owed? 

Others have given you some good advice. I will echo what they said about simply walking away and hoping that it will go away. It won't-even in the land of make believe (California). 

My advice to you is to look into bankruptcy. If your absolute only options are walking away and bankruptcy, choose bankruptcy. And once out of bankruptcy, you may want to avoid credit until you learn to live off what you earn. 

Please keep us informed. 

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no advice that others have not already given, but I want to send support. Things may look rough right now but you'll get through this. I've been there and from the other side can confidently say: there is an greener pasture and it is closer than you might realize.
Message 12 of 21
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

I feel you man. Have a look at pet visits. Basically people go on vacation or for whatever reasons cant take care of their pets. Instead of putting them in unfamiliar situations with a bunch of other pets, they hire people to come over each day for an hour or two to feed/entertain their pets. Can be a lucrative side business without too much investment in time/capital.

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

True, i couldn't belive at how big of a Business that pet/house sitting has become. With Apps an evertyhing! 

Probably something to look into, there are so many more possiblities with home business thes days than ever before.

Message 14 of 21
Np1791
Frequent Contributor

Thank you all for your help. I haven’t had much time to look at most of your messages but I’m sure they are all filled with great advice. I will take some time today to look at my options. Things haven’t been the most stable right now and we almost had to leave to a hotel last night. All I can say is if you have any issues with addiction please get help and never put your family and friends through that. My father has fallen and we are here to help him get back up but from someone that is suffering a lot emotionally right now all I can say is please don’t ever put anybody through that..
As of 11/28/2018
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that you all are going through this.

Lots of great advice here for you.

Another thing since you have 2 cars, instead of getting the one repo’d, I have a friend that started renting his car on some rental car app. I don’t remember the name of it but I’m sure you can find it if you don’t know the name of it already. Anyways he started with one car, made a great amount of money and now has a fleet of vehicles on there.

I’m not saying here change careers, just saying he is making great money of it and it might work for you and help financially.

As far as your last post, you can’t ever help an addict that don’t want help themselves. Most never see that they have a problem. Many will never accept help. Main thing is to get him to realize there is a problem.

I’m no one to judge. I had my own troubles. It wasn’t until I personally decided it was time to clean up did it happen. I almost lost my family also. You and your family will be in my prayers.
Message 16 of 21
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry to hear that you all are going through this.

Lots of great advice here for you.

Another thing since you have 2 cars, instead of getting the one repo’d, I have a friend that started renting his car on some rental car app. I don’t remember the name of it but I’m sure you can find it if you don’t know the name of it already. Anyways he started with one car, made a great amount of money and now has a fleet of vehicles on there.

I’m not saying here change careers, just saying he is making great money of it and it might work for you and help financially.

As far as your last post, you can’t ever help an addict that don’t want help themselves. Most never see that they have a problem. Many will never accept help. Main thing is to get him to realize there is a problem.

I’m no one to judge. I had my own troubles. It wasn’t until I personally decided it was time to clean up did it happen. I almost lost my family also. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Not sure if the $ makes sense to rent out your car considering how ppl treat rentals like crap but the app is called TURO. I've used it a few times. The cars were usually in decent condition. One even came smelling like weed (CA).

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I second all the great advice given here. You can also contact the credit companies and mortgage company for payment assistance. Let them know you're in a bad spot right now and what they can do. Many have protocol set aside to help ease the burden in these kinds of situations.

I'm praying for you and your family. As someone who grew up surrounded by drug and alcohol abuse, I clearly understand it's devastating effects. You don't have to be a victim to it (financially or otherwise). Do the most with what you have, set boundaries for you and your family and make the wisest decisions possible for your situation that won't damage your future. There's much support around if you seek it out. 🙏
Message 18 of 21
Np1791
Frequent Contributor

From one of extreme to the next. It was a miracle but I landed my first business account. 3K a month. Not all bills are covered but this will clear rent and I won’t have to stop paying anything. My dad had a wake up moment. He’s been recovering the last two days. Just trying to hold our family together. I appreciate you all.
As of 11/28/2018
Message 19 of 21
SleeplessinMA
Regular Contributor

@ NP1791

Sending good, positive vibes, prayers and wishing you the very best.  Please keep us posted Heart

My Wallet

Installment Loans

Current Scores 5/05/23

Current Mortgage Scores 5/05/23

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.