Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF Checking $400 SUB DP

tag
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: WF Checking $400 SUB DP

@ccquest wrote:
Good to hear another confirmation of the timeline, should definitely be getting mine in about two weeks then.

What was the last bonus you got from them in 2019?

I don't remember the offer details but it was a "staggered" bonus totaling $250. I opened the acount in Jan. 2019, got a $150 bonus 3/6/19 and then a final bonus of $100 6/27/19. This year's bonus is much better!

And I closed that account 7/8/19, less than 2 weeks after the last bonus. Wells Fargo really ticked me off, they sent me a "pre-approved" mailer for one of their CCs and then turned me down anyway. The denial letter listed 3 reasons, the middle one claimed "recent inquiries" but the 1st & 3rd reason basically said my WF bank balance wasn't good enough for them. I won't ever try for one of their CCs again, I'll just stick to letting them pay me to bank with them for a short while.

Message 51 of 58
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

@ccquest wrote:

@soxfaininfl wrote:

I received my promo bonus yesterday, how long do I have to keep my checking account open for now?

Based on the DoC page, there's no requirements once you receive the bonus. But as a courtesy to future bonus chasers, I'd said give it another 9-12 months so you will have made it a year and they don't start restricting these again.

You can't get another bonus from them if you've already received another one in the past 12 months anyway.

I hope I don't have to into a branch to close my account with the Covid-19 pandemic. This the the branch down the street from my house. 

181AECD2-8E89-40E9-BECD-A873DAFBB0B5.jpeg

Message 52 of 58
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@soxfaininfl wrote:

I hope I don't have to into a branch to close my account with the Covid-19 pandemic. This the the branch down the street from my house. 

When I closed my account last year I just called the number on their Contact Us and got a banker in a few minutes who promptly closed the account for me

Message 53 of 58
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

Thank you, DavelnAz!

Message 54 of 58
ccquest
Established Contributor

Got my bonus posted today, exactly 90 days after opening the account (7/21/20).
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 55 of 58
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@soxfaininfl wrote:

When I closed my account last year I just called the number on their Contact Us and got a banker in a few minutes who promptly closed the account for me

Closed my account today over the phone with no issues. On to Capital One for their 400 SUB.

Message 56 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

*Crickets....Wells Fargo $400 Promo

Impatiently waiting for the checking promotion to come back and I'm not alone!!!!!

Message 57 of 58
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

Re: *Crickets....Wells Fargo $400 Promo

@Anonymous wrote:

Impatiently waiting for the checking promotion to come back and I'm not alone!!!!!

Same. I actually logged in today and at Dr. Of Credit, to check if its back. I think they pulled it abruptly in July 2020 after reporting a dismal Q2....

Message 58 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.