Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WTH is up with my ChexSystems????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WTH is up with my ChexSystems????

@Anonymous wrote:
Banking bonuses average about $200 each... Savings accounts don't pull Chex which is good...

Discover Bank pulled ChexSystems for my Savings Account.

Message 21 of 66
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Banking bonuses average about $200 each... Savings accounts don't pull Chex which is good...

They certainly can for savings aka CU accounts and banks

Message 22 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

CreditCuriosity I suspect you have many transactions and that may be scaring the banks (found I had frozen my ChexSystems Report but do not have the actual report - time to order). Somewhere I read the use of ChexSystems is variable by bank and that with some more than five account openings runs a flag up the pole while others get shy at two openings. Hmm ... these comments were speficially vague. I will go order my report and see what is going on.

Don't check your Early Warning Report. Just got mine and find they take every current bank statement and place it in the Early Warning files. WHY? Unreal. Note, not every one of my banks does it. Is there some reason that we don't see data leakage out of Early Warnings? Can't believe all the information my banks are dumping to them every month. Who needs a three bureau credit leak ... just hit Early Warning and they do not allow Security Freezes as they are considered and information gather not a credit bureau. Nice ...

Time to RANT!!! Smiley Mad

What's the point of "gathering information" except to share it with someone else? They behave like a credit bureau and should be regulated as such. Smiley Mad

Message 23 of 66
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:
I have a couple of those in the sensitive group. They didn't seem very sensitive. BBVA was no HP at all. Maybe because I already had a CC with them.. I don't know.
I've found many don't use the Chex system. Some SP a certain CB.

I've done that SP so much for bank accounts. I can give the answers before they are asked. The Wells Fargo CSR was amazed I answered the questions before he could finish asking them.😂

Hopefully it's just an address thing CC.

I’ve only been turned down by Blue and Plains Capital

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 24 of 66
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ok now I am livid I applied for a CU last week or possibly the week prior and they did a HP against EQ (transportation FCU).  Just got a AA notice in the mail that they are unable to open membership to you guessed it my ChexSystems report.. **bleep** is on it?  Should be here tomorrow or wednesday I would think..  I pray it is just inquiries and no one did anything I am unaware of as this is causing me a huge headache 3 declines 1 to a CU that cost me a regular HP on EQ as well and two to banks..  Very unhappy.  I know other banks around here local that dont use chexsystems like regions, but really curious if something is on my **bleep** report or just the stupid adderss change tanked my risk score

Message 25 of 66
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Dang... sorry to hear that CC. Hope it's something that's easily fixed.
Message 26 of 66
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear about the ChexSystems woes CC. I'm hoping, as @Gmood1 mentioned, that it's likely the new address change and nothing adverse is displayed on your report. Hopefully you can get it rectified.

Years ago I had a similar situation when I applied for DCU and WPFCU, with the latter being able to get an override via branch manager to get my membership and CC processed. DCU took their time and eventually approved everything only later to close the account because of ChexSystems, which they had already cleared up to begin with. It can be very frustrating for sure. Just like EQ, another thorn on our sides 😑
Message 27 of 66
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:
Sorry to hear about the ChexSystems woes CC. I'm hoping, as @Gmood1 mentioned, that it's likely the new address change and nothing adverse is displayed on your report. Hopefully you can get it rectified.

Years ago I had a similar situation when I applied for DCU and WPFCU, with the latter being able to get an override via branch manager to get my membership and CC processed. DCU took their time and eventually approved everything only later to close the account because of ChexSystems, which they had already cleared up to begin with. It can be very frustrating for sure. Just like EQ, another thorn on our sides 😑

Out of Curiosity what was your ChexSystems woes inquiries or something else?  I am just praying it isn's something I missed which i am 99% sure I didn't as when i close my previous checking accounts after collecting bonuses I did it through the banks, etc and all should be good and straight.. Had a few lingering accounts on old CC's which I try to remove so I don't accidentally use them etc....If I would of I would of had a returned payment etc so would of known that.. Only thing is either new address, inquiries or combination of both or someone stole my identity (doubtful).

Message 28 of 66
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

My ChexSystems woes back in the day were related to an incorrect address input (which eventually got rectified) in addition to a flurry of inquiries 😁 Yes, I was a busy little beaver years ago with some CUs and a variety of savings/checking SUB promotions.

Did you get your report yet CC?
Message 29 of 66
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:
My ChexSystems woes back in the day were related to an incorrect address input (which eventually got rectified) in addition to a flurry of inquiries 😁 Yes, I was a busy little beaver years ago with some CUs and a variety of savings/checking SUB promotions.

Did you get your report yet CC?

nope not yet, hopefully tomorrow as ordered Thursday middle of day.   interesting on address for you or some sort of confusion hopefully it is something similiar for me?  Maybe there is hope getting my woes fixed as not my fault other than inquiries

Message 30 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.