Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WTH is up with my ChexSystems????

tag
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: WTH is up with my ChexSystems????

I've been watching this thread out of curiosity..

So sorry for your troubles CC..Smiley Sad

A similar thing happened to me years ago,, about 15 iirc.

I applied for a checking account & was declined due to chexsystems..

I was really perplexed as I had no known issues. After investigating chexsys informed me I had two unpaid, bounced checks..

HUH? News to me. I immediately called a collection agency that "held" them and paid. They mailed the checks to me.

Well, well, well, those checks were NOT mine. I had never banked with that institution and never lived at the address on the checks.

"Twas a lady with the same name but NOT me. I went in person to the collection agency and had to argue like heck.

My ss# was different and other evidence, they refunded my money (had to wait a week for a check by mail, figures).

I then took that proof to the bank & they contacted chexsys on my behalf, got the error removed and opened my account. Yay. 

Granted, I hope things have improved since then but it shows these errors, snafus can happen.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that yours is an easy fix!

GOOD LUCK, Cheers

Message 31 of 66
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

I've been watching this thread out of curiosity..

So sorry for your troubles CC..Smiley Sad

A similar thing happened to me years ago,, about 15 iirc.

I applied for a checking account & was declined due to chexsystems..

I was really perplexed as I had no known issues. After investigating chexsys informed me I had two unpaid, bounced checks..

HUH? News to me. I immediately called a collection agency that "held" them and paid. They mailed the checks to me.

Well, well, well, those checks were NOT mine. I had never banked with that institution and never lived at the address on the checks.

"Twas a lady with the same name but NOT me. I went in person to the collection agency and had to argue like heck.

My ss# was different and other evidence, they refunded my money (had to wait a week for a check by mail, figures).

I then took that proof to the bank & they contacted chexsys on my behalf, got the error removed and opened my account. Yay. 

Granted, I hope things have improved since then but it shows these errors, snafus can happen.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that yours is an easy fix!

GOOD LUCK, Cheers

Thanks for the information.. Still awaiting my report slow people I tell you, think you would be able to get it online Smiley Sad..

I am hoping it isnt a mix-up like that or someone that moved into my old Apt I lived in that happened to be attached to my ChexSystems record that did something weird and attached to my profile or as you stated someone with the same name certainly could be it as well as my name is somewhat common..  I will just have to await the report as I know I did nothing wrong, whether it was a mistake or something else I am not sure, but regardless I should be able to get it cleared up as stated I certainly didn't do anything wrong.  Hopefully just not to big of headache whatever it might end up being as I certainly have never bounced a check in my adult life and I am no spring chicken at 44 Smiley Happy

Message 32 of 66
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity 

@Pikaboo-icu .  Hopefully just not to big of headache whatever it might end up being as I certainly have never bounced a check in my adult life and I am no spring chicken at 44 Smiley Happy

Hey kid get offa my lawn. LOL

I got'cha beat by a couple years. Smiley Tongue

But I am a spring chicken- well summer maybe. 

GOOD LUCK, I'll be watching for an update. 

Message 33 of 66
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Sigh didn't come today and today was 5 business days 7 days since order.. Called them back and had it re-ordered although suspect it will probably come tomorrow, but better be safe than sorry they sounded kinda surpised it didnt arrive yet.  I have no clue why they cant say over phone if something "negative" is on it until I have the report, but they won't budge w/regards to that...  The waiting continues and update will come when i see what is so "awful"

Message 34 of 66
peghede
Valued Contributor

You still working in it m8 wow, btw i did open today 5/3 ESSENTIAL CHECKING online was targeted email (they give me 200 bucks bonus code) did any of u did this one ? how ill work ,i did not park any money in account yet.

Message 35 of 66
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I just hit up Wells Fargo for a personal savings account. Just using it for an up and coming app next week. Lol
Jeeezzz..for a large bank their transfers are molasses slow.😂
The free FICO 9 Experian score is cool though!
That's four banks in a month. Some of the small CUs/Banks using Chex need to lighten up on the inq BS.
Message 36 of 66
peghede
Valued Contributor

Wells Fargo slow? nah m8 they just take the extra time to make/create more accounts under  yours.lol

Message 37 of 66
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@peghede wrote:

Wells Fargo slow? nah m8 they just take the extra time to make/create more accounts under  yours.lol

😂😂😂😂😂

They sure have been busy making them! USAA and Ally smokes them in  ACH transfers.

Even their Zelle transfers are woefully slow if initiated on their end.

Message 38 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Sigh didn't come today and today was 5 business days 7 days since order.. Called them back and had it re-ordered although suspect it will probably come tomorrow, but better be safe than sorry they sounded kinda surpised it didnt arrive yet.  I have no clue why they cant say over phone if something "negative" is on it until I have the report, but they won't budge w/regards to that...  The waiting continues and update will come when i see what is so "awful"

CC ... common now ... your reputation precedes you Smiley Frustrated Thanks to you ... have not received my report or scores yet and ordered them one day later!

Message 39 of 66
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

CC ... common now ... your reputation precedes you Smiley Frustrated Thanks to you ... have not received my report or scores yet and ordered them one day later!

Let me know if you receive yours.. 3-5 business days they say I call malarkey to their statement.. Not even if they said business days they I believe said 3-5 days....  I usually get my mail from the west coast in two-three days and I am pretty much on the other side of the country

Message 40 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.