Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to refi personal loan (OneMain)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Want to refi personal loan (OneMain)

Hey all!

Last October I lost my job while I was living in California.   With unemployment being only $450/wk at the time the money crunch was real!  My electric bills were $600/month much less rent/car and living expenses.  I saw the silver lining in this and I took that opportunity to move out of state but I had to make some tuff choices to do so.  In order to make this happen with my credit scores being less than great I took out a 12k loan from One main finiancial.   The interst rate is rediculous at 25% but I swallowed my pride and bit the bullet as none else would lend me money.  I did what i had to do to make the move and keep a roof over my head.

4 months down the road, I have a great job that pays the same as I was making in California and my living costs are now less than 1/2 of what was there.  Now that I have my credit scores up in the low 700's I am trying to refi this loan to a more realistic interest rate.  I only have one bad mark on my credit report which never even brought to my attention from a lender.  Maybe I looking at the wrong lenders but who is out there that can help me with this refinance.  I would like to pay this off in 2 years if I keep my budget same as it is now.  ideas would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Want to refi personal loan (OneMain)

PenFed, NFCU, HSBC, a local credit union... there are lots of options out there.

How recent is that negative item?  What is it?

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Want to refi personal loan (OneMain)

The ding on my CR is a defaulted CC for 6500 from 6 years ago (ex wife).  I have contacted a few local banks in person and they looked at me glossy eye'd like I'm crazy.  My scores are EX 706 TU 751 EU 712  with good credit utilization and DTI.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.