cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Way to join NFCU in 2017 with no navy connections?

tag
ohnomyfigo
Contributor

Way to join NFCU in 2017 with no navy connections?

I'm interested in joinging NFCU but not quite sure how. Is there any way for a guy with no navy connections to join? I've read multiple "Little-known" ways all the way up to 2016 but it seems they have put an end to those. If anyone knows a method that currently works in 2017 I would be forever greatful. 

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Way to join NFCU in 2017 with no navy connections?

They closed the back doors around 12 May, but if you go to nfcu.org it gives you a complete list of membership requirements (they accept all branches of military not just navy)

Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 29
ohnomyfigo
Contributor

That's too bad. I checked out the site and even though I have a pretty large extended family no one has ever served in the military Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I "work" for the National Guard and deemed eligible to join.  I've been more than happy with my experience so far.

Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whats that mean? Independent contractor to mow the grass outside an installation? Tell me more
Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Whats that mean? Independent contractor to mow the grass outside an installation? Tell me more

LOL...if you have any employment with a federal installation or entity your eligible (anywhere the military resides is federal property including recruiting offices in a mall Smiley Happy )

Message 6 of 29
ohnomyfigo
Contributor

I'm self-emloyed wtih zero connections to the military or federal government. Watching NCIS is the closest thing I can think of.

Message 7 of 29
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@ohnomyfigo wrote:

I'm self-emloyed wtih zero connections to the military or federal government. Watching NCIS is the closest thing I can think of.

That made me giggle...I needed that this morning. 

Message 8 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I work for the State, but my office function is to support our State's National Guard.  I get Federal training, my salary is actually Federally reimbursed, and I have a CAC card.

Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL...if you have any employment with a federal installation or entity your eligible (anywhere the military resides is federal property including recruiting offices in a mall Smiley Happy )

Not necessarily true, most National Guard facilities are State owned on State land.  It all depends on the specific mission of that particular unit residing at a particular building.

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.