Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ways to join NFCU ?

tag
Albert_E63
Regular Contributor

Re: Ways to join NFCU ?

And another question i have is does CU require income verification in order to join ?

FICO 08 Scores EX 624 EQ 631 TU 646, Goal 800+
Message 11 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

For Langley, i believe you need to upload at least your two most recent paystubs. I make bubkiss but still got a 5k cc and 2k LOCSmiley Happy
Message 12 of 17
stinastina
Established Contributor

Navy has opened up referrals from family members only to friends . I don't know how long it will last but you both get $25,

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 13 of 17
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Albert_E63 wrote:

And is there any other good CU like NFCU but don't require military history ?

Pentagon Federal Credit Union:

https://netmember.penfed.org/NetMember/Forms/OpenAccounts/Eligibility.aspx?MEMBERSHIP

If you are otherwise ineligible, choose "Other" in the drop-down box and you can join by becoming a member of one of the two organizations for $17.  National Military Family Association is tax-deductible.

Indeed -- I joined PenFed last week, as NFCU was simply not open to me.  So far, so good.

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 14 of 17
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

@stinastina wrote:

Navy has opened up referrals from family members only to friends . I don't know how long it will last but you both get $25,

Are you  able provide a link (or is this something that only a member can see)?

And am I understanding correctly that a NavyFed member can refer someone otherwise not eligible?

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 15 of 17
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

The key wording in that email is eligible friends and family.  The fine print:

*Offer valid between 1/2/2019 and 2/28/2019 and can expire anytime without prior notice. To receive the $25 bonus, the person referred for membership must apply online, be eligible to join and be at least 18 years of age. This offer may not be combined with any other new-member offers at the time of account opening. Referred individuals must be eligible to join. Eligible individuals include Coast Guard, all Department of Defense uniformed personnel, reservists, Active Duty, retired, veterans, Army and Air National Guard, DoD civilian employees, contractors and their immediate family. Must be 18 or older to join online to receive bonus. Referring members must be at least 18 years of age and in good standing. Program must be mentioned at the time of joining for accounts to be credited and must have referring member’s name and Access Number. Recruiters are not eligible to refer recruits. If the referred person is ineligible for membership, Navy Federal reserves the right to reclaim the referral awards and related bonuses, and to close any resulting new accounts.

Message 16 of 17
stinastina
Established Contributor

Thanks I didn't mean to give out wrong information. I got over excited when I saw you could refer friends to NFCU. Smiley Very Happy

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.