cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Contactless debit card not working even after replacement issued.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo Contactless debit card not working even after replacement issued.

So anybody here with a contactless Wells Fargo debit card that doesn't work? The first one they issued me doesn't work right. Phone app says NFC read error. ATM and in branch do not work and give some error saying insert/swipe card. 

My WF Cashwise card in my signature has the contactless feature and works fine. 

Got a replacement card today after taking to an agent last week about it and the same thing is happening. Sent them a Facebook DM and spoke to somebody said they are going to investigate and look into what may be be going on.

Anybody else with issues as well?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
scfc1972
Valued Member

Re: Wells Fargo Contactless debit card not working even after replacement issued.

I've not tried my debit card - I have CW too, why bother using debit card and miss on the cashback?

Capital One - Secured Platinum $500
Capital One - Quicksilver $8000
Wells Fargo - Active Cash $2500
American Express - Blue Cash Everyday $26000
American Express - Hilton Honors $2000
Apple Card $6500
American Express - Gold NPSL
Amazon Store Card $10000
Citi - Double Cash $6200
American Express - Blue Business Plus - $2000
American Express - Amazon Business - $3000
American Express - Platinum NPSL
Capital One Auto Loan - 17,740 48 months @ 2.99% (refi)
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo Contactless debit card not working even after replacement issued.

@scfc1972 wrote:

I've not tried my debit card - I have CW too, why bother using debit card and miss on the cashback?

I use my debit card to access my checking account. The contactless feature on the debit card is not working. ATMs and in-branch locations here are NFC enabled. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forgot to update this.

WF did get back to me and was informed that contactless interactions will not function at ATMs until December 12th. It will come to in-branch terminals February 2020.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.