cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Greenhouse $50 promotion, should I wait for a better deal?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo Greenhouse $50 promotion, should I wait for a better deal?

Was thinking about the Wells Fargo Greenhouse $50 promotion for 7 qualified transactions.  Originally it was $150 for 5 but I don’t know if my zipcode was accepting accounts at the time and I didn’t know about it back then.

7 transactions seems to be a lot of trouble for $50 and I was waiting hoping to see if there were any promotional changes.  From my perspective, a bank has to offer something worthwhile in return for my deposits, and just because a bank has a large number of branches an atm’s, they need to offer competitive interest and/or promotions as well.  These days other banks include unlimited atm rebates and the like making branch banking unnecessary.  Other Wells Fargo promotions require minimum balances so I haven’t seen it worthwhile.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo Greenhouse $50 promotion, should I wait for a better deal?

Wells Fargo had a fire at their server farm facility.  Glad I didn’t open an account at this time.  Doesn’t seem like it is a good match based on existing promotion and reliability of their systems.  They need to get their act together.  https://web.saintpaulchamber.com/Banks/Wells-Fargo-Bank-Shoreview-Operations-6024

Message 2 of 5
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

I have an account with Wells Fargo and missing a couple deposits right now. It's not worth the headache for 50 bucks.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My banker also parroted the line about the server fire. Here's a few reasons why I don't believe it and think they were breached and trying to cover it up:

As anyone who watches the show mr. Robot will tell you, make a corporation such as Wells Fargo Facebook and Verizon etcetera, their server Farms I build underground and take up many acres each one. Not only that they have worldwide redundancy, meaning if one goes down an accountant can move money and fire up another one newly purchased with blank drives and populate the drives with backup information from other sites around the world, China India Russia wherever.
If it were a fire standard operating procedure which it take to get back online as quickly as possible in the method I described.
When experiencing a massive total breach like Equifax and so many others first you have to find out how many and what and when you were intruding upon, throuh what in your security were they able to get through, what was taken, did they have help from inside, on and on and on it takes more time like we're seeing.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I don’t believe Wells Fargo was covering it up.  They are a large corporation with multiple systems.  Reliability is a factor when dealing with customers however.  Every major business has had an information technology failure.  Banks, airlines, ecommerce and so on and so forth and it is always fixed and corrected. Wells Fargo has had a lot of personnel changes and so it seems like they lost their focus for now till changes are implemented.  Wells Fargo’s outages haven’t been as bad as some others.  But between Wells Fargo and Chase for instance, Chase’s IT infrastructure seems to be superior in terms of reliability.  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.