Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo new account $250 bonus UPDATED! - Now thru March 3rd

tag
rooeez
Regular Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo new account $250 bonus thru Feb 17

Thanks for the feedback. Waiting on my application materials in the mail. Smiley Happy

| TCL = $370,350 | TU FICO 8: 790| EX FICO 8: 815| EQ FICO 8: 794|
Message 21 of 185
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Got an email that my WF debit card is in the mail. No paper application ever arrived in the mail. My Chase CC $50 load went through and counted as a purchase.

I tried to set up online access, but it didn't recognize me as a customer. I guess I need the debit card number to proceed.

I expect I'll just do a few small Amazon reloads for my 10.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 22 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just a quick update for everybody with a DP confirming that this does work and it is not exclusively targeted, I just got credited $250!! Will be closing the account out in a few days. 

Whoa! How long did it take WF to credit you the $250 after the 10 transactions? 

Message 23 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

Figures... I opened my account last month Smiley Tongue

Message 24 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 business day after they posted. Super quick turn around time! You can set up online access if you call in without the debit card number!

Message 25 of 185
gardini51
Valued Member

To the people who opened accounts. Do they do a credit pull when opening a checking account?

Message 26 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gardini51 wrote:

To the people who opened accounts. Do they do a credit pull when opening a checking account?

soft pull and chex only 

Message 27 of 185
gardini51
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@gardini51 wrote:

soft pull and chex only 

Sweet. I could use an extra $250...

Message 28 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gardini51 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@gardini51 wrote:

soft pull and chex only 

Sweet. I could use an extra $250...

Just remember to you have to pay taxes on it. They will report it so don't forget when you file next year! 

Message 29 of 185
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just remember to you have to pay taxes on it. They will report it so don't forget when you file next year! 

Yes, new bank account bonuses are considered to be interest paid to you, so they send you a 1099-INT form. I had $550 in new bank account bonus 1099's last year, I just had to put a couple hundred $$$ extra into my IRA to offset it. For the curious, new credit card bonuses - like Cap One's $100 bonus for spending $500 within 3 months for a new Quicksilver card - are NOT taxable, the IRS considers them discounts on purchases, not income.

I opened my WF account 1/11, got my debit card 1/17, made 10x .50 cent reloads to my Amazon gift card, $250 bonus is showing up in my WF account today. I sent in my payroll direct deposit change form to my employer today, that will offset fees - I'm going to keep the WF account for now and see how it goes. My payroll was going into a CU that is pretty useless for anything else except the $200 new account bonus last year, will close that account.  

Message 30 of 185
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.