Wells Fargo new account $250 bonus UPDATED! - Now thru March 3rd

tag
rooeez
Regular Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo new account $250 bonus thru Feb 17

Just an update...

I applied on 1/17.

Received my card 1/27.

Made my debit card purchases on 1/29 and 1/30.

Purchases posted 2/1.

My bonus is now showing as pending today 2/3.

Good luck folks.

| TCL = $360,850 | TU FICO 8: 790| EX FICO 8: 792| EQ FICO 8: 794|
Message 61 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SkyCommander wrote:

I applied on the 31st and the emails from there are also dated 31st. The email also contains details on the bonus requirements but it is the same as what was originally found----

Bonus Qualifications:

• Open a new, eligible consumer checking account with a minimum opening deposit of $25 (not including the bonus) by February 17, 2017.
  • Within 60 days of account opening, either make 10 purchases/payments with your Wells Fargo Debit Card or establish a qualifying Direct Deposit of an accumulated $500 or more to the consumer checking account opened for this bonus offer.
  • The 10 debit card purchases/payments must be from the primary linked consumer checking account opened for this offer.
  • A qualifying Direct Deposit is your salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular recurring monthly income, electronically deposited to your consumer checking account by your employer or an outside agency. Transfers from one account to another or deposits made at a banking location or ATM do not qualify as a Direct Deposit.
  • Offer available in all Wells Fargo branches or online.
  • Offer cannot be:
  • Paid without providing a valid U.S. taxpayer ID
  • Combined with any other consumer deposit offer
  • Reproduced, purchased, sold, transferred, or traded

@SkyCommander I got the same email and applied on the same day as you did. So far, I haven't gotten anything from WF besides the email. Have you heard anything back from the bank? Should we receive a signup form first or directly a debit card? I have seen people in the past receiving the card directly, but the timeframe has been too long (9 days now). 

Message 62 of 185
mrldp40
Established Contributor

I called Customer service today .they said atill processing. I applied on the 31st also havent recieved anything yet.they sais they was covered up
ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 63 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll be curious to see whether anybody who applied on or after Feb 1 gets the bonus.

Message 64 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied online on 01/27

On 02/08 I got this email, asking me to visit a physical location. There are some WF banks in my state but they more than 100 miles away. Did anyone else get this message?

Dear XXX:

Thank you for your recent online application for a new Wells Fargo deposit account. We appreciate your interest in banking with Wells Fargo.

At this time, we are unable to complete your application and  must refer you to your nearest Wells Fargo branch to open the account.   To locate a branch near you, please visit wellsfargo.com/help/locations/locations.jhtml.

Sincerely,

R**** ******** 
Senior Vice President

(Identifying information redacted)

Message 65 of 185
gardini51
Valued Member

I got my debit card today. Weird thing is that my checking account isn't showing up on my online account though. 

Message 66 of 185
stellar
Established Contributor

fyi...

opened acct online/got email about signing application 1.21
got email saying welcome to wells fargo 1.31
got email saying card had shipped 2.2
made 10 debit card transactions 2.8
got $250 bonus 2.10

I couldn't make an online acct until I got my debit card and separately mailed PIN

Message 67 of 185
mrldp40
Established Contributor

Received welcome email this morning applied 1/31 said deposit will be transferred in the next 4 days card is on the way
ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 68 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'll be curious to see whether anybody who applied on or after Feb 1 gets the bonus.

I was not targeted and applied on 02/04. I am resident alien so could not open account online for some reason, so visited the branch. They told me the offer is targeted and if you did not receive the email you are not qualified. But the banker generated a code for me with requirement of $500+ DD in addition to 10 debit purchase. Got the temp card right away.

Opened Account – 02/06
Debit Purchases – 02/07 (4 in Kroger and another 6 in Amazon)
Direct Deposit – 02/09 (500 transfer from Chase posted as DD)
Bonus Received – 02/13

I did not even received my actual Debit card yet. Easy and sweet money

Message 69 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I called in this morning (with a lot of transfers and waiting Smiley Mad), they haven't transferred the initial deposit and everything is still in processing after 2 weeks of my application. The CSR told me I will receive an email when the card was shipped out in a few days, and currently, there are a lot of applications coming in during this short period even though this is a targeted offer. After my call, I got the Welcome email from WF with documents of agreement and so on. 

Be patient, folks. I feel this will go through for everyone who has submitted the application to date. Smiley Happy

Message 70 of 185
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.