Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo new account $250 bonus UPDATED! - Now thru March 3rd

tag
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo new account $250 bonus thru Feb 17

@Anonymous wrote:

Bonus posted yesterday - so that's exactly 10 days from open to $$$...not bad at all

I posted a payment to my CC to clear the balance and I'll be closing tomorrow or Thursday...Ty, did I read correctly you cancelled over the phone?  If I can do it that way and not have to visit a branch that would be awesome  Smiley Happy

When I had my checking at WF once upon a time I was able to cancel via PM in my online banking. That was one really good thing about WF that I liked. They responded back saying they had closed it and that was that! No hassle at all. And they mailed me a free cashiers check with whatever money was left in my account.

https://www.wellsfargo.com/help/faqs/open-close-accounts/

Says you can still PM them in online banking to close the account.

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 101 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo new account $250 bonus UPDATED! - Now thru March 3rd

I have received the welcome package as well, with my account number and a void check to set up direct deposit.

I have tried online setting and set up my direct deposit, but the WF online banking system didn't allow me to create an account. I am really wanting to use this account for receiving my income! My BoA checking account sucks and gave me a lot of tears and blood for fraud transactions! But I noticed the deposit hasn't been drawn from my current bank account. This looks really strange!

Bonus Qualifications:
Open a new, eligible consumer checking account with a minimum opening deposit of $25 (not including the bonus) by February 17, 2017.

From the bonus qualification #1, I need to deposit at least $25 to the account before Feb 17, but now it's over. I wonder if this is a trick WF tried to play with? Or, I am alone?

Message 102 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called in a couple of minutes ago, a person checked my account yet as expected there was no deposit. So, he told me, the bonus reward was targeted and was under the condition that the deposit was made before Feb 17th. Since there was no deposit so far, I was no qualified for the bonus. I was asking he to explain why Wellsfargo didn't make the initial deposit from the bank number I had provided, they asked me to check my connected bank first to see if they didn't do it in time. The WF bank account was applied on Jan 31st but was only openned until Jan 13th on their end, and there was no sign of transactions to WF from my connected bank account. I guess this thing is just a game of something...Smiley Mad

Message 103 of 185
rooeez
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@rooeez wrote:

Actually, the wording wasn't there. I have a screen grab before he first reported that they were cracking down on those without actual targeted emails and the language wasn't included.

Hi Rooez.   Which language do you specifically have in mind and when was your screen grab taken?  On Jan 5 the DoC reported that the following language was present:

This is an exclusive, non-transferrable offer

This is the language banks often use when they want to later say that the offer was targeted (and therefore deny bonuses). The DoC noted this at the time and warned his readers that WF might later attempt to restrict it to targeted customers.  When I say that this language was always there, that's what I am talking about.

On January 31 the language was strengthened by WF to say:

This is an exclusive, non-transferrable offer available to those who received our direct mail or e-mail offer.

If you are saying that the additional clause wasn't present prior to Jan 31, that's certainly true. 

That may be the case. I don't have the digital files right now to check since they are on my home computer.

| TCL = $370,350 | TU FICO 8: 790| EX FICO 8: 815| EQ FICO 8: 794|
Message 104 of 185
mrldp40
Established Contributor

Applied 31st of jan .my connected bank show deposit withdrawal on the 15th of feb so i hope i qualify for 250 bonus
ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 105 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied on the 31st and just received my bonus today

10 amazon gift card transactions cleared Tuesday, pending bonus showed up yesterday, today it is available

Message 106 of 185
mrldp40
Established Contributor

Did u do all transactions on same day
Message 107 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrldp40 wrote:
Did u do all transactions on same day

When I got my promotional bonus, I did all the transactions on the same day but with varying amount ranging from $0.50-0.60

Message 108 of 185
mrldp40
Established Contributor

Thanks just waiting on my debit card shipped yesterday
Message 109 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrldp40 wrote:
Thanks just waiting on my debit card shipped yesterday

You are welcome.. it should be there in your wallet tomorrow and if not then on Monday. Monday you do your Amazon reloads and by wednesday bonus should be pending in your account.

Message 110 of 185
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.