Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo new account $250 bonus UPDATED! - Now thru March 3rd

tag
someone379
Regular Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo new account $250 bonus UPDATED! - Now thru March 3rd

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't have any credit card with WF. Strangely, I haven't received the debit card from WF after I applied for the Checking account on Jan 31st and approved afterward. Maybe I should call them to make sure everything goes through. 

I applied on same day, last week I went into a branch and they looked it up, the card never shipped.  They gave me an instant card and then had a new one shipped out, I got it within a week.   I would highly recommend calling or going into a branch where they will give you one right there.

Starting Score: EQ 503 TU 478" "Current Scores: EQ >750 TU >750 EX >750
IHG (19k) | Discover IT (18k) | BCE (14.5k) | SPG (14k) | CashForward (7.5) | Citi DC (6k) | TE (5.5k) | Marriott (5k) | Citi Best Buy (5k) | Amz VISA (3k) | BofA Cash Rewards (4.5k) | FNBO 6.25% AMEX (2.3k) | Amz Store (CLOSED) | QS1 ($1.6k)
Message 151 of 185
CleanCredit
Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo new account $250 bonus thru Feb 17

@CleanCredit wrote:

Anybody get the bonus and close the account right away?  Any repercussions by doing this? 

Also, I signed up and it says "Thank you for submitting your application.  You have been conditionally approved"

Next Steps

Wells Fargo Everyday Checking
  • Please sign, date, and return the Consumer Account Application included in your account information packet (which will arrive in 3 business days).
  • Once we have verified your information, we'll send you the status of your application by email and we'll follow up with a letter within 2 to 5 business days of our decision.

Is this normal?

Update: Got my debit card today.  Made 10 debits on Amazon.  Hopefully I'll get the bonus! I did an email saying the bonus offer was tied to my sign up, so we'll see. I'll check back in a couple of days.

Message 152 of 185
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo new account $250 bonus UPDATED! - Now thru March 3rd

@someone379 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't have any credit card with WF. Strangely, I haven't received the debit card from WF after I applied for the Checking account on Jan 31st and approved afterward. Maybe I should call them to make sure everything goes through. 

I applied on same day, last week I went into a branch and they looked it up, the card never shipped.  They gave me an instant card and then had a new one shipped out, I got it within a week.   I would highly recommend calling or going into a branch where they will give you one right there.

@ i2000s: That;s why you got the message about not qualifying for the $10 statement credit for usining WF Wallet - you have to have a card to make the purcchase. The fastest way would be to stop by a branch & check, they might not have automatically sent you a debit card and a branch can give you a temp card & order a permanent one be shipped to you. If not convenient, then by all means call.

Message 153 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo $250 checking offer...

Does it look too good to be true?

https://www.wellsfargo.com/jump/checking/prospect-offer/

Use a debit card 10 times in 60 days and receive $250 deposit into your account on the 45th day. Then close the account with no problems?

Message 154 of 185
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo $250 checking offer...

@Anonymous wrote:

Does it look too good to be true?

https://www.wellsfargo.com/jump/checking/prospect-offer/

Use a debit card 10 times in 60 days and receive $250 deposit into your account on the 45th day. Then close the account with no problems?

Yep, that simple. I opened mine, made ten $.50 reloads to my Amazon gift card and the bonus was there after two days. I did leave my account opened since it's great for transferring money between my family and me.

Message 155 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you all have to wait for the account agreement to come in the mail to sign and send back?

I have not ever had this happen before when opening a checking account online, but then again Discover and cap1 were the only checking accounts I've opened online.....
Message 156 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Did you all have to wait for the account agreement to come in the mail to sign and send back?

I have not ever had this happen before when opening a checking account online, but then again Discover and cap1 were the only checking accounts I've opened online.....

No, no idea why it says that but the account is opened and debit card sent without receiving or signing any paperwork.

Message 157 of 185
disney2
Regular Contributor

I put in for an account several days before it ended.  I immediately got a reply online saying I was approved an had my acocunt number on it.  About a week to 10 days ago, I got a letter saying I was not getting the account with no explaination.  It was really odd!  DH put in for it the last day it was available and got the we will contact you reply.  He got an email saying his account would be opened and his debit card in the mail yeterday.  

What should i do about mine?  I wanted that account for the bonus!

Message 158 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is available on the Wells Fargo homepage.  It is listed as an online only offer.  It is $250 for opening a checking account.

Message 159 of 185
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

Same day I received my debit card, I received a seperate envelope that was like a welcome packet or some sort. It had a paper to sign and a prepaid envelope to mail it back. I signed it and mailed it back. It's just a signature card.

You don't need to sign it then mail it back before they open the account like they make it sound like, but if you're going to keep the account I would sign it and mail it back. I'm not entirely sure what happens if you keep the account and you don't sign it and send it back though.

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 160 of 185
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.